OK, now that I have slightly knackered my knees communting on the road on my old hardtail, I've decided it's time to get a road bike.
I've searched widely with some fairly specific requirement, and not found what I need. So, any advice from the collective wisdom of STW? What bikes would meet the following criteria:
- fit a 5 ft woman (I've got a 'female' build, so would need a women's specific bike)
- lightweight, but robust enough to cope with uber-shonky tarmac rural back roads (and possibly a wee bit of gravel path?)
- option to take rear panniers
- small bars, short reach levers
- 165 cranks (to avoid toe overlap)
And I'm struggling to fit 700 wheels into the frame size I'd need - so should I go for:
- 650 wheels with drop bars
- or, 700 wheels with flat bars
If it helps I have no intention of racing, and will be riding on the road mainly for commuting with hopefully a few day rides and light touring.
So, what bike do I need????