Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Womens Road Race
  • Klunk
    Free Member

the chase from box hill to the finish is for some reason a tough one, 30 couldn’t catch 3, what chance for 4 to catch 20.

speckledbob
    Free Member

What a brilliant race. Excellent ride from Lizzie but Vos deserved it in the end. Good ride from Emma Pooley as well. I think Armistead could have jumped a bit further out as Vos was always going to win in a sprint. Silver is a good result though and first GB medal.

butcher

Really enjoyed watching it today. Excellent stuff.

KonaTC

Appalling BBC cycling coverage

Brilliant race

Excellent result well done Lizzie a fantastic silver medal

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The commentary was a bit like this… they even used the “legs going up and down like pistons” at one point

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSf4NRE3OcI[/video]

unklehomered
    Free Member

It was you! All the bodged timings and updates and on-screen stuff. All your fault. you people who went out and sabotaged it with your mobile fondle phones, and your I-slabs and your modern hocus pocus…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/cycling/9436271/London-2012-Olympics-tweeting-spectators-caused-road-race-coverage-shambles.html

hels
    Free Member

I would be interested to hear how they define “urgent” social media updates. An oxymoron for the 21st Century !

Or perhaps I am really out of touch and the ambulance service now monitors tweets ??

donsimon
    Free Member

It was you! All the bodged timings and updates and on-screen stuff. All your fault. you people who went out and sabotaged it with your mobile fondle phones, and your I-slabs and your modern hocus pocus…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/cycling/9436271/London-2012-Olympics-tweeting-spectators-caused-road-race-coverage-shambles.html
    It’s just a huge relief that all those Frenchies have the common decency to refrain from Tweeting and using their phones during the TdF.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Can you imagine the horrendous balls up if they weren’t so technologically backwards?

Junkyard
    Free Member

“urgent” social media updates

OMG just lost Twitter…something like that I assume

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Great result today and compelling race, watched most of it from the gym sat on a spinner but managed significantly less than the participants!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

camped at headley cricket club for the weekend, right on the box hill loop so saw loads of action both days.

I was a fan of Lizzie A in the Vicki P documentary/lecherthon thread. If she had to be beaten by anyone I’m glad it was Voss, 5 times silver in worlds so great to see her finally achieve what shes fought for.

About 50 of us huddled around a radio in the cricket pavilion listening to 5Live commentary of the last few miles, better commentary than the TV crew and enthralling.

Random pics. The bike cops getting into the spirit. Dutch rider had the nicest cornering style. Nicole Cooke getting encouraged by fellow welshman. Emma Pooley is TINY but looks super aggressive on a bike. Hong Kong rider looked like she was loving every minute of it and had a winning smile at least. Russian rider deserved a medal after attacking on her own.

mefty
    Free Member

Great result – Vos is maybe not the Eddy Merckx of women’s cycling but she is probably as dominant as Hinault – so no shame being beaten by her.

BBC coverage very poor, the only guy who knows anything about road racing is Boardman, they should of used thier Radio Five Live team who are pretty good. Why Grey Thompson is heading the coverage I have no idea, BBC seems to have lost the ability to create those wonderful generalist sports journalists that they had in the past – real shame – or is this just a sign of getting old? Although I would put Balding and Inverdale into this category – seem to do their homework

Was in Richmond Park yesterday with three other families, great day despite the result and I missed most of the poor coverage – which seems to be a bit of a result. We could have made a fortune selling the Cav t-shirts that the 5 year old girls were wearing.

mattjg
    Free Member

Good pics ctm, bike racers with ponytails!

As for the commentators, Boardman aside they should just shut the **** up and let us watch the racing.

neilm
    Free Member

I have never watched a women’s road race before. I was happy to ignore the commentary, as I thought it was an incredibly interesting race.

Brilliant that Lizzie won a medal, but the star of the race for me was Emma Pooley, wow can she ride.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Womens Road Race’ is closed to new replies.