Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • womens race dalby
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

…some of those women looked tiny didnt they… nearly as small as me ! just randomly noticed that some of the bikes looked way 'too big' for some of the riders as did thier wheels – alittle 'overly too big' (i know they cover more ground…but even so …..anyway well done to them all…

so… is the same route used in the race going to be open to the public in the future then ?

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, the race course is being integrated into the existing trails.

nellyp
    Free Member

elaine anne – Member
    …some of those women looked tiny didnt they… nearly as small as me ! just randomly noticed that some of the bikes looked way 'too big' for some of the riders as did thier wheels – alittle 'overly too big' (i know they cover more ground…but even so …..anyway well done to them all…

I think there were a few 29er's out there making the wheels look even bigger on the small(er) frames the ladies run.

MartinGT
    Free Member

The women were tiny. I was suprised how many of them were riding 29er's. Willow Koerber was riding one and I thought it was too big for her IMO of course. Just looked wrong the geomtry of it.

Dougal
    Free Member

Why are they riding 29ers? Marketing.

The Specialized team have a choice of 29ers, or 26er FS.

elaineanne
    Free Member

so wot does a bike actualy ride like if you have 29ers on a smaller frame ?
    crickey im riding a 14 inch frame FS, id look like a child if i was riding with them..lol
    ive noticed wen i ride with other people my legs have to cycle twice as much as others who are on bigger bikes so im working twice as hard..

jd-boy
    Free Member

If you were on Medusa at Dalby, the 29ers were the bike to ride, much smoother down the trial, Plus 29ers out sell 26inch wheels in the USA at the moment, even though the bike looked big on Willow, bet you wish you could ride at the pace for 5 laps.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I thought Willow Koerber in particular looked tiny on her bike – didn't seem to stop her riding like the wind though!

Seem to recall reading somewhere that Willow's 29er has a custom built frame to suit her height. I agree with jd-boy, the 29ers certainly looked way smoother on the 'jiggly stuff' than 26er hardtails. Certainly aroused my interest in demoing a 29er.

I guess if you're on the short side the options might be limited in off-the-peg bikes tho.(?)

peachos
    Free Member

29ers look ridiculous. there is no advantage really, is there.

mrsflash
    Free Member

They were tiny! I'm not exactly huge and they all seemed shorter and petiter than me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘womens race dalby’ is closed to new replies.