Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Womens Enduro
  • ahsat

Looking for something to aim for in 2015 after a less than ideal 2014 to drag me through the winter. Ideally I fancy an enduro as not so quick up hill but not done one before. I don’t think there are any women only races after Descent Diva stopped them but are there any particularly women friendly races? Ideally something in north England but can travel. If its full face I’m not interested as sounds too gnarly plus the cost/heat factors. Enduro1 sounds fun but doesn’t have a women’s class.

Thanks in advance.

scaled
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by womens only?

UKGE and PMBA series both had womens categories

andyrm
    Free Member

Enduro 1 definitely has a women’s category!

ahsat

Descent Diva did run a women’s only event (i.e. no blokes racing) but not that bothered by that. Just want something welcoming with a women’s class. Maybe something more low key than UKGE for a first go.

Enduro 1 definitely has a women’s category!

Ah OK. Thanks. There isn’t one listed under Race Categories and didn’t look any women in round 4 results.

http://www.enduro1.co.uk/race_categories.php

jam-bo

There were 2.

ahsat

Just been looking at PMBA. Looks good option. Thanks.

ART

Indeed there were two, I was one of them! Ahsat – there are Enduros everywhere these days & there’s always a women’s cat. They are typically pretty friendly & v relaxed so just get yourself entered in one & give it a go.

kayak23

are there any particularly women friendly races?

All of them, but they need more women to step up and enter. Chicken or egg innit like.

ahsat

They are typically pretty friendly & v relaxed so just get yourself entered in one & give it a go.

Ok, thanks ART for the advice.

All of them, but they need more women to step up and enter. Chicken or egg innit like.

Appreciate that, but wouldn’t mind turning up to one where there is at least a few women likely to be there and it doesn’t matter if you dont know what you are doing in regards to the format and/or are a little bit s**t.

Not saying by any means women are rubbish (**digging big hole now**) – I just need something low key, welcoming, with a womens class.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

PMBA would be a good one to try next year, it’s pretty laid back and you don’t have to rush between stages.

bigjim

I noticed this weekend’s round of the scottish enduro series has the ladies going off early together at the start of the day, so you wouldn’t have to spend the day dealing with the testosterone

I think it’s real shame how few women enter enduros, this year’s King and Queen of the hill enduro had 20 women on the list and around 400 men.

I’m not into all the testosterone and so on but the 4 or so enduros I have done have been really relaxed, so I’d say go for it and see how you go. If you ride with any other girls try and get them to join too, it’s quite good fun going around the course with friends, but I’ve always ended up chatting to randoms anyway.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Womens Enduro’ is closed to new replies.