Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Women's bib tights
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

Mrs rkk01 is keen to continue riding through the dark and damp months, and is considering getting some bib tights for additional autumn / winter cosyness.

There don’t seem to be that many on the market though, most of the women’s kit seems to be tights with no bib / high back – less demand, or fundamental shape difference between men and women?

Whats good for fit, comfort and function?

mrsflash
    Free Member

I use the endura ones, but you’re right I don’t think there are as many available as the mens.

howie74
    Free Member

Hi try Fishers outdoor leisure they do the santini range which is pretty amazing stuff as far as clothing goes… and the only ones ive found that do ladies bib tights, hope this helps

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Santini do some around £70 which are nice.

rkk01
    Free Member

Time for mrs rkk01 to look / try a few different styles methinks.

I’ve got some Gore ones – they were expensive, but love the quality and they are lasting well.

hels
    Free Member

Not for everyone – never understood womens bib tights, we have a waist to hold our shorts up, shouldn’t need them. She will regret it the first time she has to pee outdoors too !

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’m with hels on this one. Can’t think of anything worse than having to almost strip off to go for a pee on a wet/cold ride, and if its on the road, it’d be 10x worse trying to find somewhere discrete to do that!

I wear padded three quarter lengths with unpadded daddy long legs tights from ground effect over the top and they keep me lovely and toasty.

Dolcered

i use a pair of assos womens bibs, which although expensive at the time are now in their sixth year of use. I much prefer them over shorts, find them more comfy and most of the newer ones have easy access built in 🙂

fattatlasses
    Free Member

My wife tried some bib-longs from a German brand called Protective, which Edinburgh Bike Co-op sell. She liked them because they had an ‘easy access zip’ for pee stops (unlike her Enduras, which are a right faff), but as she’s tall, they didn’t have any in the right leg length – so she didn’t get ’em. Looked like very good quality kit though.

Algore
    Free Member

GORE BIKE WEAR do a few. They have new ones coming in this winter with a patented ‘easy relief’ system. Allowing you to easily nip behind a bush.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Women's bib tights’ is closed to new replies.