Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)
  • Women, wives in particular!
  • jekkyl

Go out of your way to make her happy before and up to the immediate hours before the festival starts, then she’ll be far more willing to agree to your suggestion.

jambourgie
    Free Member

If any bloke out there has a cure for this please please please let me know….

Change wives roughly every 3 years.

This seems to be my unconscious pattern.

Year 1) Lovely stuff! All new and exciting.

Year 2) Settle down into domestic contentedness.

Year 3) Getting bored, ignore the elephant in the room* until something breaks after about 12 months.

Repeat

*Interpret however you want.

globalti
    Free Member

after 17 yrs of marriage I do drown out her constant talking/moaning/white noise and do “switch off” occasionaly. As such I am often in deep doodah as I miss entire conversations or important pieces of information.
    If any bloke out there has a cure for this please please please let me know…

Very common. All you have to do is extend the buffer in the short-term memory so that you can repeat the last sentence she spoke.

“You’re not even listening to me are you?”

“Yes I am!”

“So what have I just said?”

“You said: ‘that new pink cushion looks nice, I think I’ll get one for my mum'”

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

This thread is brilliant!

A mate of mine once asked me why im so calm and in all honesty it is because i pay zero attention to my other half when she starts moaning or generally verbalising every single thought. I go into an ‘auto pilot’ kind of state and just say things like ‘yes, that sounds good’. I learnt this skill as apparently i was always trying to ‘solve her problems’to which she didnt want a solution, just wanted to moan. So there we have it, my coping mechanism is just to ignore every single word and think of Whistler, Verbier, Power tools etc….

Has worked very well for me!! 🙂

badllama
    Free Member

globalti speaks very wise truths,
    But what happens then is she get wound up to the fact I can remember 😯

I always find while watching TV she will to talk about the usual crap so now I just power down the TV and look at her and she goes quiet. I turn it on again and she talking again I’m sure the two are linked by the TV remote in some way 😀

Sui
    Free Member

badllama – Member

globalti speaks very wise truths,
    But what happens then is she get wound up to the fact I can remember

you banging my missus? The problem here then is that I get challenged to “my interpretation” of what she means and “do I agree” and if I don’t, then I may as well have killed lots of little children for how much of bad person I am! 🙄

👿

edit to add this seem to happen quite a lot actually and now we have “communication issues” – I tried quoting “don’t cry wolf” – it didn’t go down well.

alansd1980

I find comfort in these threads knowing that I am not alone in putting up with mental behaviour!

Please keep them coming

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

i was always trying to ‘solve her problems’to which she didnt want a solution

Agreed. That never works!

The one I hate is: “What are you thinking?” [Do I look like I’m thinking?; shit!]

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was just thinking how much I love you and how lucky i am to have you in my life and how you make it better in every way. thanks I love you so much I am truly blessed you are amazing.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Aw……..Junkyard!!!x 😳

nealglover
    Free Member

I was just thinking how much I love you and how lucky i am to have you in my life and how you make it better in every way. thanks I love you so much I am truly blessed you are amazing.

That’s very nice.

Thanks xx

cinnamon_girl

Thank goodness I only have my bikes to argue with. 😀

johni
    Free Member

Sounds like we all fell foul of the age old rule when finding a better half…

Single, Attractive, Sane.

Choose max 2. (You never get all three)

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well. My wife doesn’t moan, is attractive, is intelligent, earns more than me yet is married to me and likes other women as well.

haha **** you all.

globalti
    Free Member

I always find while watching TV she will to talk about the usual crap so now I just power down the TV and look at her and she goes quiet. I turn it on again and she talking again I’m sure the two are linked by the TV remote in some way

Classic! Soooo true!

Okay here’s another one:

She: “I wonder why bla bla bla bla?”

Gti: “Hmmm… maybe because bla bla bla bla?”

(This might have been, for example, why aren’t the birds singing as loudly today as they did yesterday?)

She: “You don’t really know the answer do you? You’re just bullshitting as usual!”

Now I have learned that the correct answer to any pointless question where I’m not absolutely 100% sure of the correct reply is: “Oooh, I don’t know!” This kills the conversation stone dead and lets me get back to looking at girls’ bottoms on Pinterest.

hatter

Well. My wife doesn’t moan, is attractive, is intelligent, earns more than me yet is married to me and likes other women as well.

haha **** you all.

I notice note you didn’t say ‘sane’ there.

Awaits the “Boo-hoo my missus ran off with a welder called Mandy” thread.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

She: “You don’t really know the answer do you? You’re just bullshitting as usual!”

I make random stuff up when Mrs monkeysfeet asks me stuff she knows I won’t know the answer to. If she recites my made up boll*x to other people I get extra points 😀

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

She’s at least as sane as I am. 😆

Sui
    Free Member

does anyones else missus start a conversation that bums them out (the woman that is), then turns to you and tells you to think of another subject?

konabunny
    Free Member

Oscar WAS married for four years.

Kinell, really?

alansd1980

om_W1987 – Member
    haha **** you all.

They all start out that way, I used to have the same conversation with my married friends before I was married. They just gave me the knowing look and disapproving shake of the head.
    Now I understand!

bikebouy
    Free Member

It does make you wonder if, you know, they come with a returns policy 😆

murf
    Free Member

After 7 years of marriage I’ve come to the conclusion that dowries should be supplied in the form of sand/cement/aggregate and paving slabs 🙂

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Just wait till they hit forty and go properly batshit crazy

timraven

😆 😆

Too Late!

deejayen
    Free Member

No sign of marriage on the horizon, so probably safe for a few years at least, but what an eye-opening thread! 😯

Surely not every wife exhibits these traits…? 😕

…and what about the wives’ points of view – I wonder if they think their husbands are infuriating and no longer the men they married?

rene59
    Free Member

Some men spend too much time with their wife, and not enough time in the pub.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I have a woman who I consider may as well be my wife. We are in love.

Except now I laugh at Lee Evans jokes and wonder if she secretly married me and forged my signature.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Its as if that 5 minute conversation never happened last night, all is exciting and rosy in ensuing festival land once more. Roll on the weekend!
    However we have to pack the car Wednesday night yet….

Suggsey
    Free Member

Rohipnol works see, she’s forgotten about you wanting to cop off with your friends misses 😆

Cougar

Sounds like we all fell foul of the age old rule when finding a better half…

Single, Attractive, Sane.

4) Expensive.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Thank you guys. I used to think I was a mysogynist old git and unlucky too. I now realise I’m normal.

Cougar

I don’t think those states are mutually exclusive.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I don’t think those states are mutually exclusive.

I think there’s probably a correlation between the two.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

What, normal and misogynist?

trailmoggy
    Free Member

The only thing you’ll understand….. is that you’ll never understand them

MoreCashThanDash

Dear God, you are so right!

woody21
    Free Member

There are two things in this world that you’ll never understand one is the scent of a fox and the other is the mind of a woman

wallop

And Hora.

Just wait till they hit forty and go properly batshit crazy have an early menopause

You bunch of poor fools don’t even know what’s coming.

I’m clinging on to the slender hope that this little ‘life experience’ gets itself out of the way and she might be sane again by her 50’s – just when the rest of you are packing to take a stay in the pit of hades.

You think you’ve encountered irrational? Think again boys

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Women, wives in particular!’ is closed to new replies.