Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • Women, wives in particular!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

For the love of god! I make one completely sensible statement about a festival we’re all at next weekend and I’ve now “ruined” the whole weekend that hasn’t even begun yet. Give me strength and not a big hammer!

Jamie
    Free Member

Given your profession, I imagine a new patio would be easy to arrange.

BigJohn

I assume the “sensible statement” was about the prospects of sharing a festival hot tub with some festival hotties.

Drac

You didn’t suggest taking a shortcut across the field did you?

Stoner
    Free Member

New pair of concrete boots?

paulmgreen
    Free Member

What was the sensible comment ???

thegreatape
    Free Member

Were you speculating as to the state of your bathroom on the Monday morning once everyone has cleared their 3day Glastonbury Tailback?

tang
    Free Member

Did you say something like ‘it’s going to be shit’? This sort of sensible logic has landed me in it many a time. See my post about sex toys, the result of my enthusiasm…

wrightyson
    Free Member

We are old (childish but not really old). Well I’m 39 she’s 41. We arrive at the festival on Thursday. Our kids arrive Saturday to join us (good old mother in law) for a great time. Therefore we have two nights of stupidness/anarchy/freedom etc.
    We have some other very good looking late 20’s just 30 friends also going. I suggested we party on with them Friday as they are kidless and they may not want to join us with the kids around etc, especially as one is a teacher.
    Wrong choice Wrighty!

Jamie
    Free Member

We have some other very good looking late 20’s just 30 friends also going.

Odd phrasing.

wrightyson
    Free Member

They are good looking. You know the sort surely Jamie.., unless you’re one of them!

stuey
    Free Member

Is that all – I suggested Mrs Stuey learnt how to ‘pack light’ – when will I ever learn(?)

nuke

I suggested we party on with them Friday as they are kidless and they may not want to join us with the kids around etc, especially as one is a teacher. Wrong choice Wrighty!

I’ve know idea why this would be a problem; why was this a problem for MrsWrighty? 😕

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Did you mean “Party with them” in a British way or “Party with them” in more of an American way?

slowoldman

You shouldn’t have said “let’s invite our good looking young friends”.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

We have some other very good looking late 20’s just 30 friends also going. I suggested we party on with them Friday as they are kidless and they may not want to join us with the kids around etc, especially as one is a teacher.

Rookie error.

She is clearly wanting to make full use of you alone for those two days…

We will need pictures before we decide if this is a good option or not.

wrightyson
    Free Member

No hot tub and no “American” type partying! I don’t want to go anymore!

nealglover
    Free Member

That’s a really odd piece of irrelevant information to throw in ?

Perhaps your “completely sensible statement” had a similar irrelevance thrown in, and that’s what she’s pissed off about.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nah the good looking thing has nothing to do with it. In fact it’s probably more relevant to the bloke in question. They’ll be with a bunch of fellow young uns and I was merely trying to gently say theyll probably be happier partying with out having to worry about swearing, or drinking copious amounts of cider in front of the kids.

samuri
    Free Member

The problem is rarely about what your stupid male mind thinks it is. All you’ve done is given her something to beat you up with but that’s irrelevant. You need to work out what it is that wound her up before this. Unfortunately that knowledge won’t help you because the only thing worse than upsetting her would be letting her know you know what’s upset her.

There is no right answer. Forget all the reasoning. If you want things to get better you need to accept something is your fault and apologise. Listen to what she has to say about that. Ask her what she would like to do. Don’t say that’s what you’re going to do though. Best bet is to nod sagely and agree. Unless she asks you what you want to do. Then it’s whatever she said.

I feel embrassed telling you this stuff to be honest. I’m not that much older than you and doubt I’ve been married that much longer.

Blackhound

A woman is to be loved not understood as Oscar Wilde once said

cloudnine
    Free Member

In a woman’s mind there are only 2 things you can do wrong… Everything you do and everything you say.

BillMC

I hope the teacher supported all the recent industrial action. That’ll give you something to talk about over the cider.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Here’s a song for the OP, apparently it’s about a dog though.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIuAz7aryo[/video]

tomhoward

OP, this featival. Not at, or near, centre parks is it?

konabunny
    Free Member

probably be happier partying with out having to worry about swearing, or drinking copious amounts of cider in front of bythe kids.

ftfy

Blackhound – Member

I suppose it’s true that Oscar never had woman trouble.

MoreCashThanDash

Anyway, enjoy YNot wrightyson.

We are away for a week at the moment. I could fill the whole damn internet with feminine oddity. 🙄

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve “completely ruined” a trip or a holiday. On each occasion I’ve not been able to work out what I’ve done (or not done) to ruin it but hey… I don’t mind taking the blame for whatever she hasn’t enjoyed; I’ve got broad shoulders.

Three more years of it then our lad goes off to Uni and it’s time for a big rethink of my life.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Wowza, I hope your other half doesn’t read the forum! Good luck!

MoreCashThanDash

I ruined three consecutive holidays when Jnr was little. First one I caught a weird flu type virus that wiped me out for three days, next year I spent two days sat on the toilet, year after I put my back out putting BabyMC in her pushchair.

Sympathy from the devil? Ha! 👿

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I just remind my wife if it wasn’t for me she would be a spinster cat lady.

McHamish
    Free Member

I think I know what you’ve done.

By suggesting you want to party with your other friends, you’ve suggested to your wife that you cannot enjoy yourself with just her.

I think she wanted to party with you on your own.

Nico
    Free Member

konabunny – Member

probably be happier partying with out having to worry about swearing, or drinking copious amounts of cider in front of bythe kids.

ftfy

Blackhound – Member

I suppose it’s true that Oscar never had woman trouble.

Oscar WAS married for four years.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

There is no right answer. Forget all the reasoning. If you want things to get better you need to accept something is your fault and apologise. Listen to what she has to say about that. Ask her what she would like to do. Don’t say that’s what you’re going to do though. Best bet is to nod sagely and agree. Unless she asks you what you want to do. Then it’s whatever she said.

This!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I just remind my wife if it wasn’t for me she would be a spinster cat lady.

My girlfriend is alergic to cat’s, which is unfortunate as I can’t leave her to fourfil what is clearly her destiny.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

If you want things to get better you need to accept something is your fault and apologise. Listen to what she has to say about that. Ask her what she would like to do. Don’t say that’s what you’re going to do though. Best bet is to nod sagely and agree. Unless she asks you what you want to do. Then it’s whatever she said

Aint that the truth? You’re a normal guy if occasionally you are a bit block-headed and intensive. But personally, I’m past the age when I’m prepared to put up with that sort of nonsense from women. You wouldn’t put up with an equivalent sulk from one of your children!

badnewz
    Free Member

I’m acutely sensitive to nagging and temper tantrums. Single life is heaven in comparison. There are some great quotes about nagging women in the bible, book of Proverbs. “It is better to live on the roof” etc

nealglover
    Free Member

There are some great quotes about nagging women in the bible, book of Proverbs. “It is better to live on the roof” etc

Don’t start mentioning bible quotes that STW will agree with!

The resulting confusion from the Dawkinists will break the internet.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I love my wife, she is amazing/fantastic etc…. But after 17 yrs of marriage I do drown out her constant talking/moaning/white noise and do “switch off” occasionaly. As such I am often in deep doodah as I miss entire conversations or important pieces of information.
    If any bloke out there has a cure for this please please please let me know…. 😕

BigDummy
    Free Member

If any bloke out there has a cure for this please please please let me know….

Change wives roughly every 3 years.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Women, wives in particular!’ is closed to new replies.