Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Women to be charged more for car insurance,
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20557527

seems as if its now going to be illegal to charge men more for insurance when driving.

and about time as well, equal rights and all that PC stuff.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Although more men tend to drive like utter bellends, especially those with German cars. Charge them more and everyone else less.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Quite right too, they should be charged twice for VED and pay for all the extra wear and tear on the Tarmac due to all the wrong turns!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I don’t really see how this is any different to charging someone more if they live in a particular postal area. If the stats say that gender is a significant factor in number/value of claims, then I don’t see a problem. I don’t think the insurance companies have a policy of deliberately discriminating against men, it’s all just stats.

Joe

I don’t really see how this is any different to charging someone more if they live in a particular postal area. If the stats say that gender is a significant factor in number/value of claims, then I don’t see a problem. I don’t think the insurance companies have a policy of deliberately discriminating against men, it’s all just stats.

Don’t see why you should have your door kicked in, in the middle of the night because you’re in a neighbourhood with lots of drugs dens.

Don’t see why black people shouldn’t be stopped in the street more than white people, because of crime figures.

{end of sarcasm}

Why should i be punished for everyone’s idiocy.

glupton1976
    Free Member

No – they’re not going to charge women more – they’re going to charge women the same – as men.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe you’re just being punished for your own?

Murray

And men’s annuities will be more expensive (i.e. smaller pensions) even though they die younger by 4 years.

Not saying it’s wrong – just swings and roundabouts.

project
    Free Member

Its probbly a clever ploy to get women off the road and free up the space for us men on bikes.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

because they simply could not bring the cost of male insurance down – or equalise the cost with a cut to men and a smaller raise to women – 40 – 60% raise based purely on gender is outrageous
    Father of 1 driving daughter & 1 who is 17 in Jan

br
    Free Member

Car insurance is a minor issue that the papers seemed to have picked up on, probably ‘cos its easier to explain than the other impacts – namely annuities…

My prediction – all insurance will go up, both men and women

MoreCashThanDash

Seems that actuarial science has been sacrficed on the alter of PC stupidity.

The whole point of insurance is that you pay a premium into a communal pot that represents the risk you pose to that communal having to pay out, calculated by lots of clever people using several decades of data.

Given that the main cause of death among young women is their boyfriend drivers, charging women the same premium strikes me as being perverse and just plain wrong.

(And I accept the arguments for other types of insurance run the other way)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

This does seem a bit nuts. Maybe they’ll start offering black-box type systems so they can more accurately match the price of insurance to the risk of the driver?

IanW
    Free Member

Wont matter soon, telematics will individualise your premiums (for motor insurance).

njee20
    Free Member

No one’s made a profit on motor insurance in the last 10 years, premiums were never gonna go down! I don’t think that gender pricing is a bad thing though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Women to be charged more for car insurance,’ is closed to new replies.