Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Women know your limits…..
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I've never been able to do it and now, allegedly, nor can you!

mogrim
    IanMunro
    Free Member

The more we multi-task, the less we are able to focus properly on just one thing.

Bloom heck these researchers are insightful. I can't wait to see their research on the shitting habits of bears.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

The more we multi-task, the less we are able to focus properly on just one thing.

When I did A Level psychology (all those years ago) this was writ large through all the academic research into the area. It is hardly ground breaking news.

As an aside, the research also shows that multi-tasking performance improves with practice. So I reckon, completely unscientifically, that what happens is that lasses on some level think 'Everyone says women can multi-task…so I MUST be able to do this…' so see no reason NOT to multi-task from a comparitively early age…whereas blokes are continuously told the opposite and so rarely attempt to do more than one thing at once. Additionally 'male' activities such as sports, computer games etc (both male dominated areas, particularly at school age) are not conducive to multi-tasking, further re-enforcing the 'myth'.

That's very broad brush and I apologize in advance for anyone offended by anything I've written as it touches on gender and gender-differences, which can be a bit of a minefield.

sweepy
    Free Member

why is multi tasking a good thing, I say do one thing- do it right.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Well it's nice to be kissed and fondled at the same time, I'm sure you'll agree, so don't whinge about the evils of multitasking too much…

sweepy
    Free Member

Well yes but when she starts reading 'Take a break' over me shoulder I think its gone too far 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

in my experience, women are better at Multi-tssking. Dirty bike in shower? "Tssk!" Left the fridge door open? "tssk!". Kicked the neighbours cat? Double "Tssk!".

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

hah I can multi task then. I've been known to do two different things with my hands, kiss, and still manage to breath. pffft, useless bloody researchers.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

See 😉 you guys are more talented then you gave yourself credit for…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I am Man. Hear me ROAR!

*beats chest smugly*

cranberry
    Free Member

I can poop and read at the same time.

*Beams with manly pride*

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I can poop and read at the same time.

and I can clean my teeth with an electric toothbrush while I do both of those. 8)

oxforddan
    Free Member

Hello mat

fancy the afan monster?

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Oooh! Such manly men we have!
    <<MrsGrips bats her eyelashes and blushes demurely>> 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

the research also shows that multi-tasking performance improves with practice.

everything improves with practice it is caled learning iirc.

As for mult-tasking I can type on stw and ignore my workload.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Women know your limits…..’ is closed to new replies.