• This topic has 165 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)
  • Woman tries to trip jogger and falls in front of a bus
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

I would say the two have previous and he absolutely did that deliberately. No question, and I’d happily sit on a jury and make a clear decision.

federalski
    Free Member

Looks like he just kind of drifts over the road daydreaming and she just bounces of his shoulder, does’t really look like a shove or anything to me. In a micro second he decides to keep jogging on instead of dealing with the situation which is pathetic and cowardly.

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks like he just kind of drifts over the road daydreaming and she just bounces of his shoulder, does’t really look like a shove or anything to me. In a micro second he decides to keep jogging on instead of dealing with the situation which is pathetic and cowardly.

Then 15 minutes later runs past her again?

BoardinBob

It does look as though the jogger gestures towards her as they get closer then moves towards her. I’m betting they know each other.

I’ve played it back really slowly and I reckon she raises the foot before the push, but that she already knew the push was coming

scuttler

As he turns she then sticks her leg out trying to trip him up, but trips herself up over the kerb.

It’s not a kerb – it’s a shadow. She’s on her arse with her head in the road before she’s touching the kerb. She didn’t trip over anything.

federalski
    Free Member

Then 15 minutes later runs past her again?

God knows, he maybe did not think she would still be there and she was so close to being ran over from the incident.

It’s all a bit weird, if the bus was stopped and they knew he was passing by and there was a bit of a crowd you would think someone would be after him to get some answers.

vickypea
    Free Member

Very strange. Perhaps he was on a Strava segment 😉

spekkie
    Free Member

Someone could have citizens-arrested him on his return leg . . .

legometeorology
    Free Member

If she tried to talk to him on his way back past and he refused it seems likely that she didn’t know him I guess?

That would suggest he had something against her purely on first impressions. Then I can think of nothing else but extreme sexism…

zippykona

Maybe Isis have run out of people who can drive.

BoardinBob

Or an ex he wants nothing to do with

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Looks like he just kind of drifts over the road daydreaming and she just bounces of his shoulder, does’t really look like a shove or anything to me.

I’ve looked it some more and it looks like, about 3 or 4 paving slabs before he gets to her, that he changes direction and heads towards her, then up comes his arms into a push and over she goes – his left arm comes up which makes it look like a deliberate push and her leg only comes up due to the fall.

philjunior
    Free Member

Hmmm, very odd. Would like to hear the whole story here. It definitely looks like she was pushed with no attempt to trip the jogger.

federalski
    Free Member

I’ve looked it some more and it looks like, about 3 or 4 paving slabs before he gets to her, that he changes direction and heads towards her, then up comes his arms into a push and over she goes – his left arm comes up which makes it look like a deliberate push and her leg only comes up due to the fall.

Gonna have to just see what the fall out is if he is recognised.
    The more I look at that video the more she seems to roundhouse kick him, he looks more like Richard Ashcroft and I start going crazier.

salad_dodger

She didn’t half make a meal out of that – barely touched her.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The more I look at that video the more she seems to roundhouse kick him

She didn’t half make a meal out of that – barely touched her.

I assume that you guys must be watching on your phone, on a 27inch 2K monitor her reaction is entirely appropriate to the push he gave her and her foot only came up as she rotated around after the push. I keep reviewing it but that’s all I can see.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just listening to R4, and saying this happened beginning of May.

Imagine the guy has shaved his head and grown a beard by now.

mikey3
    Free Member

She probably bummed his rabbit.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Maybe they’d had their first date the previous night and she’d refused to go dutch on the bill. Probably Plenty Of Fish as there’s loads of weirdos on there…

GrahamS

That would suggest he had something against her purely on first impressions. Then I can think of nothing else but extreme sexism…

Seems a bit of a leap.

Here are some other hypothetical suggestions that don’t involve extreme sexism:

She was drunk/high/threatening/abusive/armed.
    She was known to the jogger and had attacked him before.
    Jogger was in a world of his own, just didn’t see her and then ran off like a coward.
    Jogger is just an arsehole.

Daffy

I was pushed off the bike by a jogger coming the other way on the Bath Bristol Cycle Path. Jogger on one side, slow moving bike on the other, I went to overtake the slow moving bike. There’s space a plenty to do this and he stepped toward me and pushed me off the bike without seeming to brake stride. Couldn’t persue as it bent my mech and snapped my mudguard. I still have damage to my hip thanks to that Tosser.

CountZero

This. I’ve watched it several times, and it’s perfectly clear the bloke is running to the left side of the path, towards the woman who’s walking towards him; as he comes up towards her he moves slightly to his right, raises his right arm to horizontal and hits her hard with his elbow, and also pushes her with his left hand, knocking her off-balance sideways over the raised kerb/divider into the path of the bus, and it’s only the quick reaction of the driver that avoided her head going under the front wheel.
    I can’t possibly see how anyone could think this was accidental, or that she tripped him in any way, he clearly, deliberately moved to his right to make contact with the woman, who’s carrying a bag over her right shoulder and holding the strap, with her free left hand swinging at her side.
    I can only imagine that the jogger has a spectacularly over-developed sense of entitlement and resents the woman having the audacity to walk in his space, instead of using the raised divider like the pedestrian who the jogger passes just before without incident.
    The man is clearly a complete dick, and a bloody menace.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I wouldn’t like to be on the jury for that one. After the defence counsel plays that back 20 times you’ve no idea what you’re looking at.

I can’t tell after one time let alone 20. The only thing on that video that’s clear is that nothing is clear.

angeldust
    Free Member

Why was the girl walking not on a lead and/or under close control? Surely the jogger had no other option than to kick out in self defense in anticipation of a savage attack? What other possible option did he have? He isn’t scared of girls, he just wanted to jog in peace. Anyone that disagrees with the above clearly has no empathy.

Jamie
    Free Member

Why was the girl walking not on a lead and/or under close control? Surely the jogger had no other option than to kick out in self defense in anticipation of a savage attack? What other possible option did he have? He isn’t scared of girls, he just wanted to jog in peace. Anyone that disagrees with the above clearly has no empathy.

Sweet Jesus. Let it go.

angeldust
    Free Member

PS I don’t see any clear evidence of the girl attempting to trip the jogger. Rather strange behaviour of both parties suggests the possibility that: 1)the jogger was an arse; and/or 2) the jogger didn’t see her coming/taken by surprise; and/or 3) the girl was not looking where she was going; and/or 4) some previous ‘trouble’ between the two* that meant they were determined not to get out of each others way.

* or just the not unlikely possibility that two stubborn buggers in London who didn’t know each other felt entitled to the same space and were not going to budge!

angeldust
    Free Member

The cold never bothered me anyway

Mister-P
    Free Member

Raised divider? That’s the shadow from the wall isn’t it?

funkmasterp

I always carry a supply of banana skins solely for dealing with rogue joggers. Either walk or run you fools, I’ll have none of this halfway house bullshit.

All joking aside that’s a dick move of epic proportions. If it wasn’t for the bus drivers reflexes it could have been death by jogger. That’s at least a 90/100 on the shameful ways to be taken out o-meter

Pook

How on earth do you lot magic that up? He runs towards her, clobbers her into the road purposefully, she falls in front of the bus, he swerves, assaulter **** off.

It’s plain to see

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The first time I watched the clip at full speed, it looked liked she tries to trip the jogger, so he moves towards her to evade the tripping hazard.

Now I’m not sure what the heck happened, very odd incident, especially if she was still around 15mins later to try and talk to jogger returning over the bridge!

dantsw13

He could have moved right by 12″ for any number of reasons. It’s London so they probably both have headphones on and in head down mode. No matter how it happened, not even pausing to check she’s ok is outrageous!

slackboy

Bus Driver was a bit of hero..He was pretty on the ball to get that swerve in.

Definitely. Bloody quick reactions there.

dantsw13

Agreed! Thankfully he had the space.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Standard London jogger to me. Barging past people cos, like, he’s only got 30mins between meetings for a run.

Probably didn’t even think he’d dumped her in front of a bus. 15 mins later he’s still ‘in the zone’ and jogs back to work and some mad woman starts shouting at him so just runs past (typical Road rage attitude when you ever catch up with them).

Will probably be cr*pping himself now that it’s all over TV. Either lay low or a solicitors statement tmrw after handing himself in to cop shop. Might have plenty of time to go jogging if company he works for works out its him and sack him.

Idiot.

scuttler

That line on the pavement – ITS A SHADOW!!!

Not a kerb or a raised divider.

S H A D O W

CountZero

That line on the pavement – ITS A SHADOW!!!

Not a kerb or a raised divider.

S H A D O W
    Looking again at that bit, instead of concentrating on the jogger, yes you’re right, it’s just that London does have raised dividers to separate cyclists from other traffic in an increasing number of locations, and that’s exactly what that looked like.
    Doesn’t alter the fact that the jogger clearly makes a dick move and deliberately and with malice aforethought raises his arms and pushes the woman out of the way, moving closer to her in order to do so.
    Tosser.

bullheart
    Free Member

Looked like roleplay to me. Bit of flirting perhaps? The missus and I regularly participate in ‘Friday night rough and tumble’ – this week it’s supposed to be prison warden vs lag, but I might dig my Lycra and her pencil skirt out…

WillH

CountZero – Member
    …the jogger clearly makes a dick move and deliberately and with malice aforethought raises his arms and pushes the woman out of the way…

I agree that there’s no indication of her attempting to trip the jogger; her leg flying out appears to be purely a reaction to being spun round as she is pushed. It looks very clear that the jogger changes course at the last second and pushes her. I’d go so far as to say that at first glance it seems like he did it deliberately.

But, I’m not sure I could say so beyond reasonable doubt. He could have rolled an ankle or otherwise lost balance, and fallen into her. You could reasonably expect him to raise his arms instinctively in that situation, and it could in hindsight look like he was raising his arms to push her. He may not have realised how heavily he hit her, and without looking back over his shoulder possibly wouldn’t know that she had fallen. Still a huge cockwomble for not stopping to apologise, check to see if she’s ok etc., but some people are like that.

I still think it looks deliberate, on balance, but I think there’s room for some reasonable doubt there. The fact that he came back the same way 15 minutes later would appear to indicate that he wasn’t aware of having done anything wrong. Or he could just be thick. Or maybe he’s a wanna-be serial killer (who clearly failed on this attempt) coming back to bask in the scene of his crime.

legometeorology
    Free Member

Seems a bit of a leap.

Here are some other hypothetical suggestions that don’t involve extreme sexism:

She was drunk/high/threatening/abusive/armed.
    She was known to the jogger and had attacked him before.
    Jogger was in a world of his own, just didn’t see her and then ran off like a coward.
    Jogger is just an arsehole.

OK, I should say I was only following one line of reasoning there (that is was deliberate and she didn’t know him). I’m aware other possibilities are reasonable.

I’ve watched that video on a large screen many times, and my feelings are:

(1) It looks likely to be a deliberate move by the jogger to floor her (he swerves quite abruptly; from his head movements he doesn’t seem distracted; and given that his trajectory is barely effected by the collision I would guess he was prepared for it)

(2) She certainly doesn’t seem to make any obvious physical provocation, although she could have said something of course. She just looks to be busily on her way to work in the middle of the day

(3) If she reported to the media that she tried to talk to him as he passed again and was ignored, either she didn’t know him, or she held that info back, or the media thought it irrelevant to ask or report on that point. The last is pretty much impossible, the second unlikely.

So I’d guess it’s most likely that he barged through her as he didn’t like the look of her (why I suggested sexism), next likely, it was an accident and he is just an massive arse, or less likely, she’s holding something back from the media

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Woman tries to trip jogger and falls in front of a bus’ is closed to new replies.