Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Woman reversed into my car, now claiming I hit her – advice please?!
  • WTF
    Free Member

Find a witness 😉

eth3er
    Free Member

"Can I get a witness".

crass – i'm sorry irresistible setup.

trail_rat
    Free Member

"Find a witness "

…..for an undisclosed sum i could have been at that cinema watching a movie at *insert time and place here * 😉

pantsonfire
    Free Member

A driver at the haulage firm I work for was hit by a car whilst he was stationary at a set of lights. He was waitng for the car in front to move when he felt a thump, looked in the mirrors and there was a car trying to mate with his trailer wheels. The car driver had been in a paper shop getting his lottery jumped in his car and pulled out straight into the trailer. How can you miss a 45 foot long white tractor and trailer thats alongside of you.

Insurance details were swapped but the car driver claimed that Bob ran into him the usual whiplash and a new car were claimed for. Unfortunately for the pillock our tractor units have cameras in the wing mirrors to help with reversing. The screen in the cab shuts off when you engage forward gear but they keep on recording and the crystal clear film shows the guy pulling out looking down at something obviously his lottery tickets.

It shouldnt be too hard or expensive to fit a car with mini cams and a mini hard drive recorder it could save you from an expensive claim. However it could be a two edged sword imagine if the Police siezed the footage and did you for speeding.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Pantsonfire. the insurance companys have started to do that in the US, The hard drive atomatically saves the last few minutes in the advent of a shunt. It is a way reducing the preminums. I would go for it my self.

stumpy01

Just e-mailed some pics to insurance company….and uploaded a couple onto Photobucket….should be a bit clearer than the rubbish 1st pic I posted.

I cannot see how the insurance company will possibly think that i was anything other than staionary when they see these.

hora
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member

I really, really dislike no-claims bonuses. This sort of incident is exactly why you have insurance in the first place, and it's rotten of the insurer to introduce this incentive for you not to claim from them if at all possible.

Even though I didnt claim- other drivers insurer settled directly my premiums are still higher as I have 'been involved in a accident'.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

stumpy01 – looking at the pics i would guess that your door made a horrible sound when you opened it? I would also agree that they is no way you were any thing but stationary when it happened.

stumpy01

owenfackrell…..yep, door made sound that was not particularly pleasant. Quite a lot of wind noise too at 70mph!

Some good news….the insurance company have mailed back & said that their previous mail was meant to outline the worst case scenario, not that it was a 'final' thing. Which is good. The woman handling my claim agrees that the pics do lend credence to my story so I think they will now be pushing for 100% fault on the other party.

D0NK

Even though I didnt claim- other drivers insurer settled directly my premiums are still higher as I have 'been involved in a accident'.

Like I said car insurance is a screwed up business.

aracer
    Free Member

"Even though I didnt claim- other drivers insurer settled directly my premiums are still higher as I have 'been involved in a accident'. "

Like I said car insurance is a screwed up business./

Not really. They're in the business of assessing the probability of you making a claim (and the likely magnitude of such a claim). Like it or not, being involved in an accident, even if it's not your fault does increase the probability of you making a subsequent claim.

D0NK

Like it or not, being involved in an accident, even if it's not your fault does increase the probability of you making a subsequent claim.

How can being stationary and some muppet running into you increase the likelihood of you claiming in future?
    What riles me most is the fact you have to legally have insurance (ok not a problem with that) but that YOUR insurance company in lot's of cases will be screwing you because they will save money by doing so.

aracer
    Free Member

How can being stationary and some muppet running into you increase the likelihood of you claiming in future?

Because it means you're more likely to drive in the sort of places where other people might drive into you than somebody who's not had that happen. Simples.

D0NK

Because it means you're more likely to drive in the sort of places where other people might drive into you than somebody who's not had that happen.

And you are seriously saying car insurance is not screwed up?

aracer
    Free Member

By "screwed up" do you mean it doesn't work like you think it should do? All I'm suggesting is that your premium is based simply upon your risk taking account of all factors they know about.

Stoner
    Free Member

If there is the smallest increase in probability of you making a claim because you wear a hat, or have an uncle called Bernard, or been involved in a no fault accident, or dress in women's clothing at the weekend, then yes, your premium will go up.

You are a statistic, not a person remember 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Woman reversed into my car, now claiming I hit her – advice please?!’ is closed to new replies.