Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Wolverhampton – The end of the world?
  • anagallis_arvensis

Best thing about Wolverhampton is the Civic Hall.

indeed, that and its not far.from Stourbridge the musical capital of the world ( or it was when I were a kid).

MrOvershoot

singlespeedstu – Member

Anyone that thinks Wolves is rough has never been to the paradise island of Tipton…
    Hmm remember staying at a B&B run by two old gay blokes in Tipton!! Its now family run I think?
    But it made Brierley Hill seem cosmo !!!!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I see no-one’s mentioned Milton Keynes yet.

Probably because no-one there can read and write.

allthegear
    Free Member

I worked at an outdoor centre west of Wolverhampton for four years or so. It’s not a bad place, just looks a bit “abandoned” in places.

Rachel

sargey

Wolvo is not to bad,it’s just a normal town some bits run down some bits ok.I live in wollaston head west and the next stop is wales.
    I sometimes have to go to london with work and it fills me with dread horrid horrid place.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

wollaston head west and the next stop is wales.

yummy..i’m wollaston raised, spent best part of 27 years there…

i’ll be in the princess/unicorn next saturday very drunk,. stopping at moms happy days

shinsplints

user-removed – Member

No offence to anyone. FWIW I ended up in Sunderland, which is pretty much a smaller version of the above… But at least Sunderland has the saving grace of having some glorious countryside nearby to escape into.

Yes, because there’s absolutely no glorious countryside near Wolverhampton to escape into 🙄
    Shropshire must’nt have been moved by that point when you visited 🙄

sargey

One of our bunch is 40 next saturday so a cunning plan is being hatched,llandegla sat day time,15 places booked at the ruby cantonese then grahams place,princess,unicorn,plough, :lol:forresters

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Adding to the collection of rubbish places in the Black Country, try Pensnett. It’s small but we’ve got a high percentage of chavs and osses on every single piece of publicly owned grass.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

forresters

used to work there, lovely pint too

its gonna be a case of did you spill my pint then Sargey? 😀

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

snetta?, yow cor bate it

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

every girl from brockMA in the 90’s (when the waterfront was kicking) had blonde frizzy hair,…FACT!

sargey

Cycled up through the pools in snetland and came across wagner fishing,was tempted to push him in but he is a martial artist!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Lol,…nice to see success/celebrity stardom hasn’t changed him, he knows where its at ,..obviously.

pork scratching fetish?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

sargey – Member
    Cycled up through the pools in snetland and came across wagner fishing,was tempted to push him in but he is a martial artist!

He used to live a few streets away but has moved to the bottom of Ribbesford Downhill track, just outside Bewdley.

Whathaveisaidnow – Member
    snetta?, yow cor bate it

You really can!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Ahhhh quaint old Bewdley or Tipton-on -sea, as it’s known on a sunny weekend 😀

that Wyre ain’t bad though, when it dries up,….waiting….

molgrips
    Free Member

Shropshire must’nt have been moved by that point when you visited

The good bits of Shropshire are quite a long way from Wolverhampton!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Farnworth, just outside Bolton is carnage. The locals are sub-60 IQ and have a pie in one hand and a walking stick in the other.

sargey

80’S in the black country,christophers,pihrahnas,the stone manor,the piggot arms,dkrfc disco and cruising round the forge car park in your hillman avenger happy days.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Piggot arms in Pattingham? Isn’t that like the middle of nowhere?

i was kind of tail end of christophers scene, i was far too responsible to be involved in such shennanigans!!

kinda666
    Free Member

Wolves fan here, we don’t consider you Baggies rivals either.Shrewsbury however

Que sera sera

sargey

Was and still is a great place to live,mom still lives in wall heath,welsh trail centres a couple of hours away,the long mynd,malvern,clee hill an hour away and good local beer.

molgrips
    Free Member

Good places to live aren’t an hour or two away from riding!

user-removed
    Free Member

Wolverhampton’s curse is that out the train window you see its arse as you arrive. Its true of most places that you don’t see their most attractive aspects from the railway line but even seconds before you roll into the station theres madmax dereliction. Its like taking the train to ESP Powdercoaters

In for a penny… To be brutally honest, it wasn’t so much what I could see from the train (which was bad enough) but more the people on the train going home which put me off. Sorry.

If it’s any consolation to the few who might well feel aggrieved, I didn’t even turn up for my appointment with the course leader in Middlesbrough. Bought a pie and waited for the next train back home. A caravan in Edinburgh at the time.

sargey

I am very sorry molgrips i forgot to say that the local riding is not bad either,ps i thought molgrips had an e in it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well that’s a source of much controversy…

fubar
    Free Member

I’ve been to a lot worse places, Bradford is by far the worst I’ve been to recently though.

I was thinking ‘that could be Bradford’ looking at some of the photo’s. Anyhow it prompted me to share this:
    A Hole Where People Should Be

Strangely enough, I almost posted a “What is there to do in Wolverhampton ?” thread on Saturday.
    Mrs MTG’s daughter was in a swimming gala in Wolverhampton on Sunday and we would have a couple of hours to spare between her races.
    In the end, we went to the West Park and had a look round the Conservatory.

Highly recommended.
    If you get there early, you can get an unofficial guided tour from the very knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff.

bwaarp
    Free Member

The student areas around Selly Oak are a total **** dump as is most of London.

I prefer Leicester to either of these and that’s saying something.

Grantham and Corby (Jesus that accent) are also stains that blight this country.

rocketman
    Free Member

Wolverhampton – The end of the world?

No but you can see it from there

IGMC

kinda666
    Free Member

If it’s any consolation to the few who might well feel aggrieved, I didn’t even turn up for my appointment with the course leader in Middlesbrough

I live in Wolvo, and my In laws are from Middlesbrough.. How lucky am I?? 😕

teenrat

Wolverhampton is a city!

I’m from Wolverhampton but now live in wales. I admit, its not the best place in the UK, but its also not the worst. I also admit that the train ride isnt good if you come from the east through birmingham. But the ride in from the west and north is much better. Generally, the eastern side of Wolvo, closest to the black country is its worst part, but normally that is the part everybody sees. Places like Tettenhall, compton and Penn are much better but unfortunately, the visitors never see these parts.

The statement that there is no nice countryside near Wolverhampton is a load of s***e. Yes there aren’t mountain ranges and hills and moorland, but rolling green conuntryside aplenty!

franksinatra

came across wagner

Happens to the best of us sometimes, don’t worry though, you will grow out of it.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Wolverhampton – The end of the world?’ is closed to new replies.