Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Wolf Tooth Components; worse than Maxxis….
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Well that’s some charmless toss from Wolftooth. No need for it. 😕

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and quite rightly getting an online kicking for it.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Handwringers of the world unite.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oldtalent – Member

Well if the alternative is being a bigot I think most of us are good with that 😉

Sandwich

Has the world changed and you’ve been unable to keep up? Bless!

montgomery
    Free Member

Oooh, that makes me sooo angry!

Oh, no, hang on – actually, I don’t give a sh!+.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So, all the top options mean moaning wimmin, sram bottom one means I can go for a pint with my mate?. I’m in.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m **** either way, I don’t have a road bike so ultegra, dura-ace and sram red 22 are out the window + the equal amount of ladies/men.
    Unless of course I just buy the groupset and leave the box on the coffee table and invite the indicated amount of women/men around.

Plus I sure don’t have any use for a wolftooth single ring..

So does that mean Im a gay mountain biker?

If my Wife new the difference between those 3 groupsets and wolftooth, Is she going to phone her girl mates up and say come round tonight as J has got a road bike with Ultegra/Dura-ace on it?
    If so I’d consider buying a road bike.. 😀

On the other hand I don’t give a sh@t either..

Does the Sram 22 not mean to men riding side by side?

kimbers

pretty sad

oldtalent – Member

but then ^^^^ biggots still buy bike stuff

canopy
    Free Member

all this drama over a repost? its not like they made the original picture.. some people are obviously missing that

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Was this actually made by wolftooth looks pretty amateurish as a piece of design work.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

all this drama over a repost? its not like they made the original picture.. some people are obviously missing that

Made or chose to repost (to represent their views or sense of humour) most people are just disappointed in them for either thinking it’s funny/acceptable and pointing that out to them. Nothing wrong with calling them out for it.

STATO
    Free Member

Was this actually made by wolftooth looks pretty amateurish as a piece of design work.

No, was made by singlespeeders. Is that why singletrackers dont singlespeed any more?

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s not worse than the maxxis one though is it?
    I mean, Maxxis paid for a bunch of ladies to dress in skimpy clothing, took photos of them and printed it in a pirelli type calendar. Wolftooth reposted a cartoon from Facebook, the most insulting thing there is to suggest that SRAM red riders are gay which most sane people don’t see as an insult anyway.

canopy
    Free Member

Made or chose to repost (to represent their views or sense of humour) most people are just disappointed in them for either thinking it’s funny/acceptable and pointing that out to them. Nothing wrong with calling them out for it.

calling them out yes, calling for people to be sacked.. maybe not?

wwaswas

Whatever a brand post is their choice of how they align themselves in the marketplace.

If they take the effort to repost something then they’re saying ‘this represents our brand values, we approve this message’.

If you put someone in charge of your social media who doesn’t understand what it is you’re selling and who then post that, again, is a reflection of the company and it’s management.

‘I don’t care’ is fine as a response from an individual but the company posting it has to accept that a lot of people do care and will make purchasing decisions based on this.

psycorp
    Free Member

Much worse things in this world to get wound up about I’d have thought.

wwaswas

Much worse things in this world to get wound up about I’d have thought.

most people are capable of holding opinions about more than one thing at once.

I can think ‘Wolf Tooth Components – sexist idiots’ *and* ‘Today’s Daily Mail front page – sexist idiots’ almost simultaneously. Although the latter is probably more significant in the scheme of things due to the wider audience and the way that it reflects the sexism and misogyny inherent in a lot of the national press and the tabloids in particular.

juanghia
    Free Member

As a homosexual man I’d be more offended by the fact they’re insinuating that they would have SRAM gears on a bike in the first place.

Snowflakes gotta’ hate tho’…

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

its official …bike Humor is dead 🙁

people are getting a ‘little’ over sensitive me thinks 😆

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The original (or earlier, at least) version had Campy Super Record as the “gets all the girls” slot so not sure it was created by single speeders let alone Wolf.

Juanghia just because you personally aren’t offended or upset doesn’t mean it’s not offensive (see Chinky thread). I randomly follow a female product manager at GT on Twitter and it’s fair to say she has a different opinion to you. It might be minor but it’s still? sexist and homophobic, as well as not very clever or amusing so fails on all counts.

DezB
    Free Member

Is SRAM Red not very good then? I thought SRAM stuff was good.

#takesalotmorethanthattooffendme

legend
    Free Member

Well I for one won’t be buying another Wolf Tooth item……….. until I want/need one

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Wolf Tooth Components; worse than Maxxis….’ is closed to new replies.