Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Woke up with awful heel pain – what's all that about?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

No trauma, no 1000 mile hikes just a night in bed. Woke up with really acute pain in the bottom of my left heel. Couldn’t put weight on it for several minutes.

What could cause this rapid, almost instant onset?

ahwiles
    Free Member

A) something you did yesterday?

B) cat aids, the bad kind.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ooooh….. the dreaded Plantar Fasciitis?

stevied
    Free Member

Did ‘howsyourdad1’ hit you with his cricket bat for turning his tv on in the middle of the night? 😉

fasthaggis

Have you been saving all your spare change in your lefthand pockets?

derek_starship
    Free Member

stevied – did you write that at Bletchley?

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Yep, sounds like Plantar Fasciitis. It appears for no reason and can be excruciating.

I find sitting with legs crossed so the offending heel is on your other thigh and massaging the Achilles helps… That was my physio’s advice…

Have a google, there are several stretches and techniques that can help, but you really have to let it run its course… Mine tends to last 3-4 days…

avdave2

Have a look for the strassburg sock (currently using one after another thread on here) or even a brace that does the same thing, Scholl inserts for your shoes and a small frozen water bottle in the freezer. The water bottle is used on the bottom of the foot and gives the same agonising but somehow perversely enjoyable pain that can be gained from using a roller when you have itb issues. The combination of all three is certainly improving things for me.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Heel strike? 😆

senorj

Spider bite.

maccruiskeen

lego?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I smacked him with my bat I admit it

wolfenstein
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member
    Ooooh….. the dreaded Plantar Fasciitis?

THIS

sorry to hear about it dude

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Woke up with awful heel pain – what's all that about?’ is closed to new replies.