Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Woburn Sands church side trails
  • akaskittles
    Free Member

I’ve heard that there’s some wicked single track enduro trails there. Can someone give me directions from the jump Park or somewhere to park?

Cheers

timmys

Park by the church (by the signs telling you your car WILL be broken into) or just park wherever you do for the jump park and pedal your bike for 10 minutes.

For trails then probably easiest just to look on Strava rather than trying to explain.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Can someone give me directions from the jump Park or somewhere to park?

Nope, not allowed.

First rule or Brickhill club is we don’t talk about Brickhill club. 😆

elliott-20
    Free Member

In all seriousness, none of the trails are cycle permissive way marked and are essentially ‘out of bounds’ (there is only one or two actual bridle ways). A lot is currently being done to preserve and now to control the general trail riding around the Apsley Health and Back Wood.

As Timmys says you can park by the church. Or as I do, at the bottom of the hill by the monument in Bow Brickhill and ride up and nip into one of the Bridleways.

There is plenty of trails up there but trying to explain will be confusing. Strava may give you some indication but as most segments are short and not really ‘wicked enduro’, so it really doesn’t help. My best advice is head to the church and ask other riders or tag along.

The trails are pretty good but, as they’re not official like the Jump Park etc., you always need to keep your peepers peeled for dog walkers etc. as they like to walk (the wrong way) on them too.

_tom_
    Free Member

They’re easy enough to find, just follow paths til you find something fun! The one I’m thinking of is awesome, way faster and more fun than anything else I’ve ridden in the area 🙂

jameso

There’s some nice short runs, dunno if they count as enduro trails but as posted seek and you will find, its a small area. Be aware its cheeky and look out for others.

ampthill

My advice is not to ride in via the church. It’s cheeky, as its all the riding in there. But going in but the church is more obvious. I recommend going in via the bridleway the other side of the golf club. That way you’ll be seen to be entering legally

When you get to the wood you’ll see a smaller path on the right

Anyway I think there are some great tasks in here

marko75
    Free Member

As others have put. Becareful going from the church to the trails as this is now a walking path so please walk beside your bike. On the other side of the path there are quite a few trails – the famous Rollercoaster and lots either side or crossing over. If you tag in with some others or look on starva there are plenty of other trails. ENJOY!

cheers_drive

I always park by the Bow Brickhill memorial. You get to end on a downhill then not a climb. Good fun but all trails are very short followed by a short char climb out.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

The only trouble with parking there is the risk of upsetting the local residents by clogging up their road

maxtorque

Can i respectfully ask that people “go easy” on the Church side stuff in winter? Unlike the main parts of the heath/wood land, it is mostly more deciduous woodland on the west scarp and hence doesn’t drain nearly as well and is subject to damage easier (ie, with less traffic)

As mentioned, all these trails are cheeky, if we all blast in, and erode them, i think it’s only a matter of time before we get shown the door so to speak (currently, these trails are sort of tolerated because they are small and not widely used, but over the last couple of years, thanks mainly i suspect to people sticking their rides on Strava…… the traffic has increased markedly.

I’m not going to be selfish and moan about all this traffic, but it is changing the nature of these trails, and i have seen that with my own eyes over the last 5 years or so.

By all means, ride there, but please try to stick mainly to the main side sandy trails in winter, especially after heavy rain etc.

Thanks!

cheers_drive

I’ve never had problems parking on that road. Did see a resident cut up a cyclist though, turned in to a right slanging match and other residents came out to have a go a the cyclist!
    Agree that the trails on that side d don’t hold up so well in the wet.

ampthill

As mentioned, all these trails are cheeky, if we all blast in, and erode them, i think it’s only a matter of time before we get shown the door so to speak (currently, these trails are sort of tolerated because they are small and not widely used, but over the last couple of years, thanks mainly i suspect to people sticking their rides on Strava…… the traffic has increased markedly.

STRAVA may have had played a part. But I think the jumps area shutting sent alot of people out exploring

flap_jack
    Free Member

Echo maxtorque above. Sadly it’s quite fragile. I do wonder if fatbikes would be the answer, do they cause less erosion ? Also, they’d be ace on the (pretty extensive) sandy parts…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Woburn Sands church side trails’ is closed to new replies.