Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Woburn Sands – Centre Parcs
  • blairc70
    Free Member

Going to new centre parks next week, don’t know area, is it worth a ride out, is it suitable for an eight year old (done sherwood pines red and bottom half of gisburn red )

grahamt1980

the centre Parcs is the other side of the m1 from Woburn Sands. If you can make it over then Woburn is great fun. But very little in the way of signed trails. You have to go and investigate any interesting trails you see. Most are good with not many surprises there

ruffride
    Free Member

Lol not good for an 8 yo at Woburn sands but chicksands would be fine an fun at that age.

slowrider
    Free Member

Not sure if Woburn is properly open again yet. Best to check their site

marko75
    Free Member

Chicksands is a blast 0 regardless of the age…

Woburn trails are open..

Woburn jump park is not open…..

If you look at strava you can see interesting sections…. just have to find away to link them up 😉

All the XC stuff is suitable for any age…… the climb up puke hill will put anyone regardless of age wishing they hadnt started!

ampthill

I’ll need to come up with a standard response to this as its likely to be an FAQ

In you case its a simple yes. Just ride the loop of Bridleway around the centre Parcs itself. A great child friendly ride. Some is a bit straigtht and boring but some is quite fun. I think i prefer anti clockwise

Woburn would also be good for an 8 year old but I’d drive their and its hard to navigate once there

You can ride to Woburn on a mixture if tracks and roads but it would be to far for any 8 year old I’ve encountered

There is also quite a good bit of Bridleway nearby accessed via Milbrooke village behind the test track. Some of the stuff in their might be a bit steep for an 8 year old

You can also ride into Ampthill on a cycle path and treat your son to a cake etc.

_tom_
    Free Member

Woburn bike park is open again as of this weekend FYI, I’m going down after work tonight 😀

edit – not fully open though but transfer line and hip line are ok to ride now afaik

blairc70
    Free Member

Thanks for all your replies , Puke Hill sounds interesting!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Woburn Sands – Centre Parcs’ is closed to new replies.