Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Woburn Sands
  • captaindanger

thinking of a trip there on Saturday from London, I have been there once before for a skills day, and have heard there’s some decent riding. Can I trundle around and find the good singletrack or does anyone have any gpx routes or similar?
    Thanks

_tom_
    Free Member

If you want the dh stuff the bike park ia still shut/knocked down at the minute but I think the xc stuff is still open.

captaindanger

I didn’t even realise there was a bike park! Is this an unofficial one hence knocked down?

timmys

Bike Park is closed due to being destroyed by logging activities.

XC trails will be fine. Best way to find them (as for anywhere without signed official routes really) is using the strava heatmap to see where people ride;

http://raceshape.com/heatmap/

captaindanger

THAT is quite possibly the best thing I’ve ever seen! Thanks timmys. Need to find out a way of overlaying it on OS maps on viewranger now…

timmys

THAT is quite possibly the best thing I’ve ever seen! Thanks timmys. Need to find out a way of overlaying it on OS maps on viewranger now…

Yeah, good innit.

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago on how to use a browser extension to swap Google maps for OS maps in Strava which worked with that heat map. Unfortunately I can’t find the discussion now!

If you are a Strava Premium member you can find the individual segments and download them as .gpx files.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

Is woburn any good for the XC loop? I am equidistant between that and cannock so not sure if I should go and try it out.

oldgit
    Free Member

Is woburn any good for the XC loop?

I like it and I guess I ride pretty classic XC. If you look at a map of the area, you’ll see and area around Heath & Reach to the south. And an area around Millbrook. Add them altogether and you’ll get hours of XC riding.

captaindanger

Brilliant thanks Tom, should get a reasonable go with that

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Woburn Sands’ is closed to new replies.