• This topic has 30 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Woburn route map…who had it?
  • Pook

I cant find it on the threads…can someone send it me? The OS one that is…

cheers

Jase
    Free Member

Here: Woburn Map

Mister-P
    Free Member

Is it this coming Monday you are riding up at Woburn? Or was it Monday just gone?

Pook

This monday coming – should be there about 5pm if you're about 😀

them's the maps in question cheers gents

Mister-P
    Free Member

That sounds like a plan. Let me see if I can sneak out of work early.

Mister-P
    Free Member

YGM

motivforz
    Free Member

Where is the empire strikes back? Its not on either of those maps as far as I can see!

Jamie
    Free Member

Was down Woburn today….still yet to properly find the roller coaster….but i am zeroing in!

Pook

well if any locals are about I'm hoping to be there Monday from 5ish

timmys

Jamie – Member
    Was down Woburn today….still yet to properly find the roller coaster….but i am zeroing in!

Here you go, it's not marked brilliantly on the map linked above:

oldgit
    Free Member

I should be there from about 12.30/1pm'ish on Saturday.

If trainings off Sunday then I will be there, though Ashridge is sweet at the moment.

I could if I was naughty do Monday 5pm.

Mister-P
    Free Member

It would be nice to have someone riding who has a better idea of the area than I do oldgit. I have not been up there for years so I am going to be pretty useless at finding the good stuff.

jedi

thats not the rollercoaster

halfbee
    Free Member

Yeah tis.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Hi,

Check this out on everytrail…you can also download a gpx file if you have a gps… there seems to be at least 4 'rollercoasters' to play on now. This route includes one of them. – section that leads back to the road coming up from Bow Brickhill village

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=420791

Jamie
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    thats not the rollercoaster

Oh. Any idea where it is then?

jedi

behind the church. follow fp then bear left go 200yds and the enter gulley on the right

ampthill

Jedi

I mean I haven't really got a clue, but there is a trail there some one called the roller coaster in a You Tube video

plus I think that your instructionsa lead there

Jamie
    Free Member

behind the church. follow fp then bear left go 200yds and the enter gulley on the right

When you approach the Church do you fork left or right past the church? So far i have been upto the church and gone left through the gate so you have the cemetery on the left and the church on the right, round the back of the church but the fp just seemed to go back down to the houses. Someone needs to send me a GPS number 😉

…or next time i am parked up at Woburn stalk Jedi 😀

flap_jack
    Free Member

out past the cemetery, follow all the 'No Cycling' signs for the best stuff…

flap_jack
    Free Member

also, beware that lots of trunks have been deliberately placed across trails recently…

oldgit
    Free Member

That car park near the church is often reffered to as 'The runners car park'
    Go through the remnants of the wooden gate and after a few yards dive up to your left. Follow the path (think it follows a high wire fence/golf course)the white trail on that map.
    The trail turns right then take an immediate left towards the top of the Roller Coaster.
    There are more trails dropping down there now but the old one is obvious.
    That is what's known as the Roller Coaster.

Jamie
    Free Member

…half tempted to jump in the car and come back up to Woburn again now!

Still probably would not find it tho 😉

After looking at Blurboy's map, am i right in thinking this is the start of 'one' of the rollercoasters?

Blurboy
    Free Member

Jamie,

On evertrail link, the last 100yds or so to the finish line (start of diagonal line) is one of the roller coasters although not the original. The one on the map is the first you come across on that path but if you continue without turning right for this roller coaster you will come to a well worn right turn in the path to go down the original roller coaster. Continue up about another 10 feet ish and a small part concealed step down is the start of roller coaster 3.
    Boring bit each time is the ride up the road to get to the top again!

timmys

I've been out today and had a little play round the Rollercoaster area. For what it's worth this is how I think it fits together;

Blue = The one I'd call the Rollercoaster
    Green = The one Jedi calls the Rollercoaster?
    Yellow = A tight technical one in the newer plantation – what Blurboy calls Rollercoaster 3 possibly?
    Pinkish = The push/ride-up

Blurboy
    Free Member

Timmys

That's exactly how I would see it. There is also another one, which I have walked up but not ridden down, which is beneath the yellow one in the pic above.

jedi

blue is rolleroaster yeah. green is nice to jump into the dip at the top

Jase
    Free Member

You can also go left half way down the green one for some steep drop off stuff.

timmys

jedi – Member
    blue is rolleroaster yeah.

*Bangs head against wall* That's the same track you said wasn't the Rollercoaster when I posted it further up the thread. 🙂

jedi

yeah sorry. was pished and couldnt read the map 🙂

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Woburn route map…who had it?’ is closed to new replies.