Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Woburn?
  • oldnpastit

I was thinking of going over to Woburn on Saturday. Are there any clues as to where to look for trails?

I thought I’d start with the signed trail and then wander around lost looking for stuff, but I was wondering if there were any particular areas that might be better to wander around lost in.

Thanks!

burmaboy
    Free Member

Woburn sands?

Once you get to it you will know! Park on the main road then you get to the entrance and look to your left. Multiple runs. Some quite rad ones to!

alric
    Free Member

depends what you are looking for. The longslade red trail can be a bit confusing to follow. Like one spot ,after a swoopybit down between the trees,it looks like it goes right down a ten foot steep bank, but you want to go round left and follow some old tape.And another place after a straight atop a small ridge is down the bank on your left, but it goes back on main fireroads to the start/car park at 51.993222, -0.644994
    Anyway like Burmaboy says the fun stuff is opposite the main rd car parking,big jumps and short dh runs
    Theres more good flowy longer dh trails too but hard to find.
    I could send a gpx if you email me

oldnpastit

it looks like it goes right down a ten foot steep bank, but you want to go round left and follow some old tape

Ahh, I think I know the bit you mean, confused me no end last time, as you end up on a fireroad with nowhere obvious to go.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated!

paulneenan76
    Free Member

There is one way-marked loop called the Longslade Trail which links up some of the well known trails. unless you want the DH runs or the freestyle stuff in the Bike Park, you are best to do the Longslade trail and see what you can find off of it. This starts at the Sandy Lane car park at the top of Church Road MK17 8TA. Tapping into local knowledge is best so look out for fellow riders and introduce yourself or follow where they go.

The Warden will be around so you’ll need to pay for a day pass if you see him. Free parking so you cannot complain.

Enjoy.

alric
    Free Member

I can send a gpx for some good bits

oldnpastit

That would be fab, thanks! Email is in profile.

Trimix
    Free Member

Your best bet is to just ride round and get lost – its not a big area so you wont be lost for long, but you will discover all manner of good riding fun.

Locals are worth talking to when your there. Descriptions of where to find trails will be pretty confusing.

You can spend a few hours there and not do the same bit twice.

oldnpastit

The Warden will be around so you’ll need to pay for a day pass if you see him

I met him last time. I don’t have a problem with paying up if it helps to keep the place going.

alric
    Free Member

gpx sent

cheers_drive

I always get a bit lost a Woburn but there are some nice trails to east of the golf club, park and Bow Brickhill and go in via London End Lane

kimbers

There is lots of felling at the moment

the lonslade trail should be unaffceted so thatll be fine (though waymarking isnt always the best and it kind of ends abruptly) but a few of my favourite runs are currently off limits

theres lots more felling to be done on the church side too so, Im worried some of the trails may suffer too

oldnpastit

Is there enough felling that I’d be better off leaving it for a while and finding somewhere else to go tomorrow?

kimbers

I think you should be OK

Im not sure if theyve started felling on the church side

Id offer to show you round but night rides are my only chance to get out at the moment!

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Typically, and I’m not saying it will be the case, but the felling does not take place “Church Side”. Its a bit more difficult to access. You should be fine. In all the years I’ve lived here its never greatly effected the trails.

kimbers

There are signs up saying that there will be quite extensive felling on the church side!!

fd3chris
    Free Member

I was there last week and know it well. Felling isnt affecting any routes really especially the red trail. Lovely conditions and well worth the ride. Comes up around 7 ish miles on the red trail but lots more to add and i easily make 13 out of it. Im very impressed so far as you can probably tell. I will be there in the morn so if you see a blue helmetted Gt rider say hi 🙂

oldnpastit

I will be there in the morn so if you see a blue helmetted Gt rider say hi

We’ll be starting from the red route around about 9:30am-ish. I’ll look out for you!

singletracksurfer

Could I get a gpx too please, as I’m in Milton Keynes next month 🙂 Thanks.

e-mail in profile.

oldnpastit

Excellent day out, thanks!

Started with the red route (51.999623, -0.654903), got a little bit lost there, then went for scrambled eggs at the cafe in Woburn Sands.

Then went across to the trails just south of Bow Brickhill (52.000674, -0.680423). Just wandered around there and found some lovely stuff.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I missed you but glad you enjoyed it 🙂

Blurboy
    Free Member

Was there Sunday and the continuation from “Tin Shack” to the bottom has gone completely with logging all over the place, although the run to “Tin Shack” is still as good as ever.

maxtorque

Drat, we’ll have to put the TS continuation back again then, as it was a sketchy fun addition, what with it’s berms that aren’t quite big/deep/strong enough to hold you up nature…. 😉

sturdylad
    Free Member

Up there quite often on a Saturday morning once the weather prevents any fun on the roadie.

Shout if you want to join in, usually out with a decent mix of abilities.
    Sounds like Oldnpastit found the good stuff!

Longslade Trail is pretty easy to follow now, only the end bit (assuming you start at Sandy Lane) is unmarked.

maxtorque

Can’t see the wood for the (cutdown) trees:

flap_jack
    Free Member

Longslade Trail is pretty easy to follow now, only the end bit (assuming you start at Sandy Lane) is unmarked.

First ride yesterday, I thought I was being unobservant – the marking does just vanish after that bermed switchback ?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Woburn?’ is closed to new replies.