Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Woburn?
  • lyons
    Free Member

Are there still any trails in the woods near woburn? I havent been for a while, but there were loads of jumps etc last time i went up…I have to go to Milton Keynes anyway this afternoon, so was wondering if its worth going…

cheers Andy

racing_ralph
    Free Member

showerman is ya man

Jase_MK
    Free Member

Quite a lot, yeah. There's the massive jumps section, but also plenty enough nice tracks to put in a two hour ride. Mix of singletrack and wide tracks.

Was up there last night and took a couple of pics:

888trojan888
    Free Member

It has some good trails all round the woods. The playground is still there and watch out for some beefy jumps on the normal routes as some have been built up, but they are still fun.

Jase_MK
    Free Member

Here's a few trails, although there are plenmty more:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/JaseMK2001/RandomWebHosting#5368640390014969362

lyons
    Free Member

cool. i'll be heading up on my jump/4x bike, so i'll just have a play for a few hours… Looking forward to it now. I just put on somre 'borrowed' Pikes. Bad idea cause it means i'll probably end up wanting to buy some.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yes plenty of trails, Jases map points out the main part of Woburn, but there is plenty to the south taking the golf course BW. Then even more if you cross the A5 and ride the Stockgrove trails.
    And going north, crossing the road by the play area there is even more. That bit north can be linked to a 'old skool' xc Millbrook loop.
    BTW Jase I do like that little drop in your piccy up there.

oldgit
    Free Member

Up there tonight with the Buzzards, and again Wednesday night with another group. I'll bump into you sometime soon I guess, now I know what you ride.
    I'm on either a Bronze Nicolai s/s or Giant XTC.

Jase_MK
    Free Member

Cool. I'm usually on that or a red Specialized FSR. I try to meet up with Cyclone when I can on Sunday mornings but it only tends to be about once a month due to other commitments at the moment.

blaggers
    Free Member

Jase,

Thanks for the map, theres some bits we havent tried on our wed night rides, so it'll come in handy. We tend to drop down sandy lane singletrack, then traverse along the singletrack running parallel to the paths running easterly toward the carpark, then the pond, then onto the main road. Is there any singletrack north of that? ie those red spikey bits near New Wavedon Heath on your map? Is there anything in Back Wood area? We've found the rollercoaster (both sections on that hillside), and a few drops off that path, but nothing south of Downs Covert, are we missing anything over that way?

The first pic is from the section traversing the hillside (cleared about 2 years ago) before you get to the muddy pond isn't it? Wheres the second taken?

Jase_MK
    Free Member

There's quite a lot over the Back Woods area. I couldn't tell you exactly where as I haven't been over that way for a while but you can zig zag your way about heading south east until you come back to the road. Last time I was there I saw some north shore style wooden boards/jumps etc.

New Wavendon Heath has a few little trails here and there, nothing major just short little sections. Again, difficult to remember when I'm not there but you can ride from one side to the other in 5 minutes so just spend half an hour zig zagging about and you can't go wrong really.

First pic is correct, yeah. That second pic is, if you look at the map, the south end of a nice little drop below Fullers Earth Lodge. Start heading west up the hill and look for a little trail on the left. The singletrack approaching Fullers Earth Lodge from the north/west is also quite nice.

oldgit
    Free Member

There is lots in Back Wood though it's prone to getting boggy. You can drop into Back Wood from a BW near the A5 and just follow youre nose.
    New Wavenden Heath is the driest bit and is a maze of great trails and some nice hidden gems.
    South of that and going just off the map are some great trails with a fantastic decent in the woods above Longslade Cottage and north of Horsemoor Farm.
    Easy to get a good three hours non stop if you know all the places.
    We used to have fairly regular STW meets in Woburn.

halfbee
    Free Member

My version of the trail map is here

with added trail names…

oldgit
    Free Member

Blaggers what sort of time are you about in Woburn on Wednesday night?

blaggers
    Free Member

halfbee, great map, thats the one we used to get us going when we first started riding there a few years ago. We do a 10 mile loop based on that map most weeks.

oldgit,
    We start at 6pm from the bottom of the church road in bowbrickhill, only a few of us from work, usually ride all year round (struggled in the last few weeks due to holidays). I'm riding a custard cotic, not out this week though. I'd be interested in joining a weekend/sunday morning ride sometime to check out any other trails people might know.

oldgit
    Free Member

Not seen the custard Cotic about, will keep em peeled.
    We start from Stockgrove on a Tuesday at 7pm until about 9pm. Then Wednesday we stay out until about 10.30/11pm
    The Tuesday is mixed social & get a move on. Wednesday is 'training'.
    I often ride there Friday from about 5.30 and Saturday from 1.0pm. Sunday is usually road day during the summer?
    Of course I do go to other places sometimes!

lyons
    Free Member

Well, i went up, and had a bit of a play on the dirt jumps… I'm really pleased, as i managed to get through the 1st 2 of the medium set… (1st time dirt jumping really.

IS it just me though, or are some of the younger kids who go up there really annoying? Not just because they are much better than me at dirt jumping> they were just really unfriendly, and rude… I felt like a grandad, and i'm only 22…

So its worth going up on the xc bikes sometime? I only live in hemel, so its about a 40 minute drive… Will we find good shizzle to rizzle?

oldgit
    Free Member

Ideal for the XC bike. Conditions were great up there yesterday. Going out for a late one tonight from Stockgrove.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Woburn?’ is closed to new replies.