Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • W*nkers cramp…
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

…not really, but similar symptoms (so I'm told 😳 )…

I'm right handed, so you would expect my right arm/hand to have significantly more strength/stamina than the left. However, in any sustained excercise, my right forearm cramps/pumps/stiffens up WAY before my left. If I'm using a powerball as an example, 30 secs for my right arm, vs 5 minutes or so for my left.

This has been going on for a while (not helpful when I'm trying to build up arm stamina for the Mega), but I helped a mate unload a container of furniture yesterday, and am now nigh on crippled – holding a knife tight enough to slice bread for lunch was actually mildly painful.

It's mostly my second and third fingers that seem to be causing the issue. Probing my forearm muscles, I seem to have an iron bar running through my arm where the muscle ought to be, and it feels badly bruised right down by my elbow, despite not having hit it on anything. If I try squeezing a finger and thumb together, I can feel the muscle tense, but then releasing again takes a conscious effort to relax, and it's not instant, there's a period of maybe a second as the muscle releases.

Any ideas? Pisstaking aside, I've got 4 days of riding coming up this weekend, including a DH day, so could do with getting it sorted quickly…

Thanks!

stumpy01

The lack of instant relaxing sounds a bit like carpel tunnel syndrome….

Although you've probably just tired the muscles out & they are now protesting….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘W*nkers cramp…’ is closed to new replies.