Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Witton Park / Billinge Wood Blackburn
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

I’ve got an hour to kill in Blackburn in a couple of weeks. Is it worth chucking the bike in the car and going to a play on the short trails in Billinge Wood / Witton Park.

I don’t have enough spare time to get to Lee Quarry or Gisburn so just looking a bit of fun.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd

fingerbang
    Free Member

Yeah I’d do it, I last went a few years ago but there’s definitely an hour’s worth of riding if you like sessioning and pushing up, some nice fast bermed corners, plus the ride back along the footpath down to witton park is good muddy fun

windysurfer
    Free Member

If it was the difference between riding or not then yes. There’s only two short red sections but if you park at Witton there’s a pump track to play on and a couple of bridleways to ride to take you to the start of the two man made sections.There’s some other stuff thats OK to make up a loop but it’s footpath and tricky to find.You might be able to work out the route from this?
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1277022166

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

It’s ok for a few rides, but a lot of it is damaged now through motox riders going down it, the bottom of the tricky 60 is mostly worn away now.

Caz xx

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. I’ll give it a go.

Sad that some of it has been trashed.

footstomper
    Free Member

Another option is Healy Nab only 15/20 minutes drive from blackburn & a lot better than Witton.Look at info on the website below.

Nab

globalti
    Free Member

The local riding group used to be Blackburn Bikers but since the court case brought by the serial scammer woman they have closed the club down and now exist only as an informal group who communicate via Farcebook. But they will tell you where to ride and might even offer to accompany you.

jonnym92

If it is just an hour I suppose it would do. If you’ve got longer head up to Darwen Tower, Healey Nab or even Rivington. Some good trails about.

windysurfer
    Free Member

The local riding group used to be Blackburn Bikers but since the court case brought by the serial scammer woman they have closed the club down and now exist only as an informal group who communicate via Farcebook. But they will tell you where to ride and might even offer to accompany you.

Rumor has it they still ride every Wednesday 😉

When are you planning on riding OP?

MadBillMcMad

IMO you’ll get far more riding around Darwen Tower. Park at the Sunnyhurst pub and head up hill.

Loads to ride including some super steep techy Singletrack.

You can’t get lost, if 8n doubt just ride up hill.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Witton Park / Billinge Wood Blackburn’ is closed to new replies.