Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Witnessed Lorry – Moped near miss: options
  • Sidney
    Free Member

Hi All,

Lovely fathers day yesterday in Southwold, home of Adnam’s.

On the way home witnessed an impatient lorry driver overtake a moped and before he was well clear of the moped pull back in leaving the moped rider to swerve out of the way. No accident happened but it was bloody close.

I don’t feel I can be silent but any ideas for best course of action? I was thinking mainly of reporting it to the company involved with details. Anyone agree or have any other options I should consider.

Cheers,

Sid

z1ppy

I’d report it to the company, maybe nothing will happen, maybe the driver will be spoken to and it won’t happen again.
    Nothing ventured nothing gained

cheekyboy
    Free Member

If you have the details of the company head straight to their head office, on arrival at reception strip naked and perform a safety awareness mime.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    plyphon
    Free Member

Drop the company an email at least.

a lot of haulage/logistics companies take it seriously as it’s effectively their reputation at stake. If there was an incident it would of brought a lot of unwanted attention and inspection!

Sidney
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice, much along my own thoughts…

I should go with Cheekyboys advice but their head office is to far away….

I’ll email them hencforth!

DezB
    Free Member

Definitely email – I had quick replies from the haulage company and the dock office when I was trying to track down some bastard lorry driver.

lasty
    Free Member

I saw a cabby DELIBERALY knock off a roadie – deliberate in that the road was quiet the cab pulled across and slammed the anchors on resulting in the roadie going aot into the road. What had gone off before i really don’t know but it was a deliberate punt .
    I gave chase but the cab although seeing me, refused to stop. I had his cab licence and reg number which I gave to the roadie and told him to report it.
    Returning home I had a brew and rang the police on 101 who took a statement but said unless the cyclist reported the incident nothing could be done – BUT he said he would report it to the cab licencing department ….
    3 weeks later and I was asked to make a statement to the cab licencing department, the outcome of which he was fined £300, but no police action. It was worth reporting but with only the cabbies fare and me as a witness he couldn’t be prosecuted for dangerous driving/leaving the scene etc etc ..
    Tosser is still driving around Hampton hill / teddington area so keep an eye out for a bronze London cab –
    M4 MYK ….

Muke
    Free Member

Sometimes just sometimes the police are in the right place @ the right time…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq2TH8-y58M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Witnessed Lorry – Moped near miss: options’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts