Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wiswell woods, whalley.
  • mudpackerdan
    Free Member

Does this place still exist? Struggling to find any info about it on the web.

smokey_jo

It was on private land with no rights of way as I recall and the landowners were worried about public liability

Stevet1
    Free Member

Was this the DH course above spring wood? Used to go there a couple of times a year 5+ years ago. Went back last year and there was no sign it had ever been there! Was a great little track as well. Been wondering what happened to it. Has a new track sprung up anywhere nearby?

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

A lot of the land got deforested and most of the tracks got flattened about 5 years ago.

premier
    Free Member

There’s loads of dirt jumps over the road

langylad
    Free Member

My wife grew up in Wiswell and we used to walk through those woods when we were first married. The track would seem to have disappeared a few years ago much to the chagrin of the local yoof.
    Unfortunately this happened to quite a bit of the ‘unofficial’ stuff at Gisburn and Jeffrey Hill as well, used to be some great little runs before the logging

mudpackerdan
    Free Member

Thought it might be gone, no sign of it on the internet when I had a look. Used to live over there, wish I would have ridden it when it was there!

Stevet1
    Free Member

There’s loads of dirt jumps over the road
    Interesting – tell me more about these please.

premier
    Free Member

Head up the road from Whalley towards the spring wood junction and there’s a path half way up the hill on the left with some wooden steps – at the top of there head straight on and there’s a decent amount of stuff!

Stevet1
    Free Member

<thread resurrection>
    premier – do you know the lads that ride / dig there?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wiswell woods, whalley.’ is closed to new replies.