Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • wist artroscopy and tfcc repair/debridement
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening….

off to the hospital on thursday to (hopfully) get my wrist fixed and be on the road to getting back onto my bikes (after nearly a year 😕 )
    any one had their wrist done? how long was your recovery and how long before you were back on the bike?

cheers

daftvader
    Free Member

Anyone? !?

hammy7272
    Free Member

How did it go? Mine is shagged and needs reconstruction.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I had my ankle done a couple of years ago. I am sad to say that it didn’t work, possibly because I rushed the recovery. I am due another, much more serious op latter this year.

Do as little as you can for as long as possible.

daftvader
    Free Member

Well it seemed ok…. now however I have to go back to the Dr as its now, 11months after the op, as bad as it was 😥 I am hoping that it is the ligament they left unfixed as in their words ” oh its a big ligament and should be able to cope with the damage to it”… hmmmm

hammy7272
    Free Member

The operation they are planning for me is to drill a hole through my radius and to graft a tendon from my wrist and attach to my ulna. The surgeon has done two of these in thirteen years. 😯

Is it worth the risk I wonder…….

daftvader
    Free Member

Hammy… what kind of %success were you given? Mine was about 60 which at the time seemed ok. Therealoops I remember reading that, difference was that mine is all ligament damage. Got told it would have been better to have broken it…. not in your case tho

hammy7272
    Free Member

We haven’t discussed % success rate yet because he is yet to review my latest mri and ct scans. It all depends on how ruptured the tfcc is apparently.

daftvader
    Free Member

Good luck to then….

hammy7272
    Free Member

Cheers. Are you due anymore surgery daft?

daftvader
    Free Member

Won’t know till the 28th. Bloody hope not!

therealhoops
    Free Member

Coz mine was sooooo busted I made the decision making process easy for them. I broke it in Oct 2012 and today I finally got signed-off 8)

daftvader
    Free Member

Fiiiiinally !!! 8) is it all back to full strength now?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘wist artroscopy and tfcc repair/debridement’ is closed to new replies.