Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Wish me luck – pleeeeeeeeeze
  • Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Love some of those vintage adverts.

TJ, I have a clinical interest in smoking cessation. Give me a call on 07966 914462 if you want some advice (although I'd rather you not do so at 2am when you're desperate for a fag).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Still going.

Ernie – where did you get that pic of me?

Sponge – I have all the info – can you provide me with some MTFU tho?

racefaceec90

good luck man!!!think of all the money that you could now put to your bike,instead of smokes!!!p.s the guy who posted all those ad's,evil man pure evil haha!!!but one of them looked like ronald raygun was advertising ciggies!!!

yoshimi

Stay strong TJ – hope you see it through

trailmonkey

good luck, you're already past the worst. just got the years of irritabilty and bewildering weight gain to look forward to now 😉

woodsman
    Free Member

I'm astonished to hear that you smoked at all TJ, whith all the medical advice and knowledge contained in your posts of the past.

Don't look back, it's for stinky selfish people!

Bunnyhop

I'm shocked too that you smoke. Especially considering the job you do.

Keep going.
    As a non-smoker I can't imagine wht you're going through.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – it ain't that bad. If fags weren't so easily available then it would be much easier. Its more the way your mind gets twisted than anythng physical

I guess it has changed nowadays but the majority of nurses used to smoke and still very many do.

geoffj

TJ – stick at it and good luck!

rs
    Free Member

good luck man!!!think of all the money that you could now put to your bike

You might now be able to afford a bike each 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the majority of nurses used to smoke and still very many do.

Some nurses are just plain naughty ……..

b1galus
    Free Member

good luck with it jeremy i still find myself reaching for where my fags were from time to time , it will take a few months to feel any benefit and do expect to be quite ill for a while as the body adjusts to fresh air and starts to dump all the the accumulated toxins
    i have been fag free for 7 months now and it is still hard somedays

clareymorris

Stick with it TJ. I did it, and if I can, you can. Trust me I am not in possesion of masses of will-power – I was just ready to stop and honestly have never missed it since (it was 10 years ago). Not even ever been tempted to have a drag, although did have ONE puff of cigar in Cuba, felt the nicotine rush, so handed it right on back 😀

emac65
    Free Member

If you want to stop you'll stop but if you're just going through another pathetic attempt at stopping smoking (that so many smokers do) then you won't……..

It's all down to you & all the encouragement in the world will make little difference if you don't really want to stop…..

chewkw
    Free Member

Don't keep thinking about it and you will be fine.

deserter
    Free Member

I've been quit 18 months now,tried everything but in the end just shouted at myself 'you not having one and that's the end of it'
    also did the treats thing
    1 week orange prestige
    1 month yeti 575
    1 year intense slopestyle
    and the missus hasn't said a thing because at the end of the day I'm not smoking 😉

yoshimi

Clarey – to be fair, that picture makes me want to smoke!

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Wish me luck – pleeeeeeeeeze’ is closed to new replies.