Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wish me luck…
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

I'm about to set off for a 'background' interview with my local authority trust Co. that are tasked with providing healthy activity-based stuff for the community. I'm aiming to work for them and volunteering my time is a means to an end.
    They have promised to put me through various cycling programs if i put in the time, just hope i can impress them enough this morning!

I really need all this to come together now, it's been 4 months since i was laid off and time & money are running out…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Break a leg…

Sorry wrong profesion, good luck.

binners

Good luck!!

grumm
    Free Member

Good luck mate, sounds like a good thing to get involved in.

Karinofnine

Good luck !

nbt

best of british, old bean

RustySpanner

Good luck, hope it all goes OK!

ourmaninthenorth

Good luck, MD.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Nice one dude, is this with RMBC?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just got back in.

Hmmm, overall i think i made a positive impression although i can't be certain of that. Fitting in as a volunteer at an activity centre where everyone else is a trained and qualified professional isn't going to be easy on several levels. They have to find informative stuff for me to do that won't take work away from the paid staff, and i have to be able to offer them something they may not already have.
    Once i get the relevant quals they will be in a position to offer me casual work on an ad hoc basis but there's no guarantee of that.

Dave – it's with Link4Life at Hollingworth Lake, although i'm hoping i'll be able to gain experience borough-wide in the next few months. Cycling related activity is set to expand quite a lot over the next few yrs but TBH i need paid work pretty soon or i'm going to run out of savings 🙁
    Also volunteering with CTC/RMBC for some quals, i really hope i can find decent work out of this!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wish me luck…’ is closed to new replies.