Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • wish i wasnt a wimp
  • SamCooke
    Free Member

Right, that’s what i thought. You are happy that you did the right thing. You did the right thing because you were too wimpy to do the other more physical thing which you would have preferred to do. So, you are happy that you were a wimp. I don’t mean that as a criticism.

anagallis_arvensis

So, you are happy that you were a wimp.

no I would have much preferred to own him with a set of bombers

bwaarp
    Free Member

1) Work out

2) Take out your violent tendencies through boxing, as you clearly have some pent up aggression. This is quite normal.

3) (What you should do in a perfect world but technically should not) – If you ever do see a man beating a woman or child, sucker punch that man in the side of head. Keep kicking them when they are down and then run before the police get there.

4) (What you should do in a country dominated by ligation and British law) – Alternatively you could try usng reasonable force but this might end up with you getting your head kicked in or your throat slashed.

5) (What I wouldn’t fault you for doing) – Learn that the world is a sad place and just intervene as you can…. without risking your self (this is more than most people do)….. If you get killed, what will your family do. Do things that protect the victim, but minimize risk to yourself. Shouting loudly and calling the attention of passers by is a good one.

Have a nice day.

glenh
    Free Member

Seriously though, it would’ve been a bit shit to give someone a slap in front of their kid. Just enforces the “violence is right” view the poor child already has.

+1

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Wimp or Gorilla – hit someone and welcome a criminal record.

Fight with your mind and stay legal.

anagallis_arvensis

1) Work out
    2) Take out your violent tendencies through boxing, as you clearly have some pent up aggression. This is quite normal.

1. I have a Doctors note, havent even been able to ride a bike for five years.
    2. I might get hurt!

donsimon
    Free Member

Fight with your mind and stay legal.

Works for me.

seavers
    Free Member

Louis CK on kids….well worth a watch.

transapp
    Free Member

A-A, I’m not really built like a cyclist, and I’ve done martial arts for years and feel I have a better than average chance of ‘winning’ a fight. If I saw someone laying into a kid then of course I’d step in, however, from what you said, I’d have done exactly the same as you. It’s a sad observation on society that we all live in, but that simply isn’t unusual, even if I do find it unacceptable Sadly I think the police / social services really wont worry too much about it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Frankenstein – Member

Wimp or Gorilla – hit someone and welcome a criminal record.

If you are defending a child from being hit it is perfectly acceptable to hit someone to stop them from hitting he child

Cougar

Had it been a dog I’d have phoned the rspb

How would the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds have helped?

Frustrating, isn’t it, weighing up “doing the right thing” against “receiving a shoeing.” I’ve been on the wrong side of bullying once to often and tend to wade in on reaction and adrenaline and think later, but I’m no fighter and it’s going to get me hospitalised one of these days. So far I’ve been lucky.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘wish i wasnt a wimp’ is closed to new replies.