Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Wirral riders
  • jeffm
    Free Member

I moved from the Peak to the Wirral and said goodbye to my usual riding mates based around Sheffield 🙁
    I ride with a couple of MTBers on the Wirral and in North Wales, is there anyone else on STW who’s based in the area?

project
    Free Member

Sticks hand up and waves, and as you know Wirral is quite flat and boring,lots of cycle paths though, and psychopaths driving round liverpool.

voodoo_chile

Eh project , I resemble that remark …..

flattyre
    Free Member

Ellesmere Port here…usually ride my mtb in the Clwyds

jeffm
    Free Member

Plenty of cheeky ‘bridleways’ around where I am in West Kirby.
    Anyone else?

project
    Free Member

Arrowe park,storeton route 56,wiral way,thurstaston, caldy woods,storeton woods,

jimmon2008
    Free Member

Have a look on the woollybacks Mtb website, that’s the place to be for all the best riding in and around the north west,

acidchunks

Anything worth riding at night over your way? Got some new lights I wanna try out.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

Hi Jeff,

I’m Bromborough based, a few of my mates and me ride decent cheeky stuff on the Wirral (although it is flat which suits my SS)

There are some nice cycle paths out to Chester which make for nice pub rides

Apart from that we often ride round Delamere, Llandegla or the Clwyds

Drop us an email (in profile) if you fancy a ride

project
    Free Member

Thursaston woods, royden park, eastham woods,

beagle
    Free Member

Spend a lot of time over there – with the in laws at west kirby. Good for my bird watching! Never taken my bike. The stuff in caldy woods looks good. Looks like some kids (?) we’re building a few berms during summer. Looks good for CX round there too – linking stuff up with the Wirral way.

jeffm
    Free Member

Cheers guys, there’s a group of us heading off to Degla on Saturday AM to do the red/black circuit plus a longer loop out of the forest to worlds end, horseshoe etc if anyone fancies joining us?

timc
    Free Member

Liverpool here, occasionally in North Wales!

jeffm
    Free Member

Spend a lot of time over there – with the in laws at west kirby. Good for my bird watching! Never taken my bike. The stuff in caldy woods looks good. Looks like some kids (?) we’re building a few berms during summer. Looks good for CX round there too – linking stuff up with the Wirral way.

I’ve found loads of stuff in west Kirby, caldy and Stapleton woods. Short and sharp climbs and some nice technical stuff too. Drop me a message next time you’re over with the in laws if you fancy some company.

beagle
    Free Member

Thanks Jeff! Will do!

pacef8
    Free Member

Dont forget some of the stuff behind Vauxhalls and the ship canal.

Very very muddy all year round.

SiB
    Free Member

From the Peaks to Wirral……..you might be ever so slightly disappointed on the riding front! But chin up, its not a bad place to live!

Based in Barnston, there’s a few cheeky tracks that can be joined together to do some ok rides, storeton, thornton hough, willaston, neston. Wirral Way very sterile but quite scenic – avoid at weekends, best at night. Arrowe park, thingwall to irby or landican then to storeton……..nothing too exciting but it is there.

N Wales way, moel famau(?), conway, llandegla.

Penninsula to ride around on the coast = good location for fat bike??

jeffm
    Free Member

Cheers SiB. To be honest I’m quite enjoying the trails here, no big climbs but some nice singletrack if you go looking for it.

colp

Live next to Storeton woods. Used to build stuff there but it only lasts a day before someone wrecks it.
    You can put together a few decent loops around the Barnstondale/ Storeton area with a pint at the Bassett Hound.
    If your in Delamere say hello, I run the cafe there at the visitor centre.

mrphil
    Free Member

Wirral rider here, some smashing routes here.

No real climbing but good for short tech trails in Caldy/Thurstaston.

Takes just under 2hrs to ride to Llandegla, or the route via a train ride…

http://app.strava.com/activities/92185986

1.5 to Moel Famou, delamere is around the same from Neston area.

surfer
    Free Member

Heswall here! As they all said.

jeffm
    Free Member

Anyone fancy a peninsular blast maybe next weekend 24/25th?

gixerator
    Free Member

Bebington here, no decent riding close but the deg is only 35 mins away.

Out most Wed and Sun in North Wales if you want numbers.

Make sure you chain your bike down though Ive lost three to the thieving scum!!!

Marin
    Free Member

Lots of riding, just need to link stuff up when you get to know the place. Was out in the Clwyd’s today only 45 mins or so drive. Do a 2 hour pootle night ride every Tuesday starting in Upton if you like the dark!
    Hello mrphil have to go out for a spin again soon. About recoverd from our jaunt over Horseshoe into Llangollen and back to degla. I’m yellow van man in the real world 😉

mrphil
    Free Member

Hi Greg, definatly mate. Was a slog of a ride that day. Would join you on the Tuesday ride but I have to be in work in Deeside at 10pm so cutting it close to get there on time.

Am up for a blast next weekend, not to bothered on days really.

Marin
    Free Member

Ahhh my cover is blown!!! A slog? You cruised along that day but nice of you to pretend. I’ll play next weekend sort it out through the chunkys web site.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Wirral riders’ is closed to new replies.