Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wireless thermostat interfering with router :(
  • spooky_b329

I bought one of those spangly Nest thermostats, bolted it on the wall in the hallway and spent ages running a 12v feed to it from the loft as despite being ‘wireless’ it doesn’t take batteries.

Its all good and working, however I didn’t make the connection between that and my sluggish internet. I sit there for 10-15 seconds for most websites waiting for ‘resolving host’ on my Chromebook, and sometimes sites such as Youtube time out.

A friend just moved their wireless stat (brand unknown) away from their router and solved their rubbish internet problems, so I took mine off the wall (its two metres from the router) and suddenly my laptop is speeding along.

Is there anything I can try to resolve the issue, or am I going to have to move my phone socket and router to a less central location (so poor wireless in half the house)?

Cougar

Try a different wireless channel on the router perhaps?

Jamie
    Free Member

Does switching channels on the router help?

Edit: Dammit!

Stoner
    Free Member

try changing the router wireless channel. Keep it below 11, but pick a channel where theres a gap in wifi signals in the house.

Use an app like wifi analyser to scan for signals on channels.

EDIT: dammit!

spooky_b329

I’ll try it, however I think its meant to auto select its channel!

Stoner
    Free Member

you can tell it not to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wireless thermostat interfering with router :(’ is closed to new replies.