• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Sui.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Wireless speakers?
  • wolly
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at wireless speakers and like the b&w a5 anything else to consider? Mainly playing from my iphone/mac in the kitchen

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I got one of these bluetooth jobs. Looks nice, decent sound.

johnj2000
    Free Member

I have a dicking station with a small Bluetooth device attached where the phone would go. 14 quid and works a treat but you do need to have the dicking station already.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Bloody fat fingers, docking station obv!

danielgroves
    Free Member

For that sort of money you could probably get a better set of speakers for half the price, and use an Airport Express to go wireless with them. You can just plug any set of speakers with a standard 3.5mm stereo jack into the back of the airport, and it’ll join your existing WiFi network and act as a range booster too.

johndoh
    Free Member

For that sort of money you could probably get a better set of speakers for half the price, and use an Airport Express to go wireless with them. You can just plug any set of speakers with a standard 3.5mm stereo jack into the back of the airport, and it’ll join your existing WiFi network and act as a range booster too.

That’s what we did at work – a proper decent amp connected to some Sony Brookland Edition floorstanders. I love working late and cranking it up 🙂

messiah
    Free Member

I have a B&W A5 in the Kitchen and love its simplicity. Play music or internet radio from your phone etc via Airplay, or use “Remote” to access everything on the PC/NAS elsewhere in the house.

Sound quality is very good considering the size of the box which is easy to place and does not look obtrusive.

kayak23

Could someone explain in idiot terms how that Airport Express works?
    So, I’ve got a laptop or ipod with all my music on in the lounge, I’ve got a stereo in the kitchen…. What happens?

Gunz
    Free Member

I’m just about to get one of these:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-streaming-accessories/harman-kardon/bta10/harm-bta10

Obviously can’t as yetv give an opinion but the reviews are promising.

johndoh
    Free Member

So, I’ve got a laptop or ipod with all my music on in the lounge, I’ve got a stereo in the kitchen…. What happens?

You plug in the Airport into the stereo (whatever input you have spare) and that input is the channel for your PC/iPhone or whatever device you are using. You then select which output speakers you want the device to play through so (for example) you choose to play your iPad via Airplay.

I have no idea where the setting is on a PC.

LenHankie

kayak23 – Member
    “Could someone explain in idiot terms how that Airport Express works?
    So, I’ve got a laptop or ipod with all my music on in the lounge, I’ve got a stereo in the kitchen…. What happens?”

1:Plug Airport Express into the wall near the stereo.
    2:Connect to stereo with Phono to 3.5mm jack lead.
    3:Desktop/laptop/Phone/iPad with iTunes can now send music wirelessly to your stereo.

You can have other airports connected to other stereos or powered speakers or amp/speakers combos.

iTunes or the app on a phone etc., lets you choose which to play tunes through.

rone

Ruark Mr1. Something approaching HiFi.

andy8442
    Free Member

I bought a Sandstom Dock from Currys for my daughter a few months ago. It was about £45 and for the money is surprisingly good. Infact so good we keep asking her to turn it down.

Cougar

I’m sure the OP appreciates the suggestions, but please note this is a spam-resurrected thread which is half a year old.

nwgiles

Have you considered Sonos?

Sui
    Free Member

IS there a Chromcast equivalent thing for amped speakers that I can “throw” music too??

The R Pi thing is too complicated, and as I already have speakers, I just want something that will accept the Wifi and have a 3.5mm jack on the end – just for playing interweb raido

edit, that sonos bridge thing is way too much.

edit 2, meant sonos connect

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Wireless speakers?’ is closed to new replies.