Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Wireless question, one for the network experts.
  • juan
    Free Member

Ok folks,my laptop died on me a big fortnight ago. I use to have a decent wireless connection with the upstairs router. Now I am back on using a WS, with a USB wireless device (D-link DWA 110) and i am having trouble when it comes to streaming. I have a good connection to the wireless (2 bars) and to be fair pages are loaded quite fast when browsing, itjust appears that streaming is very difficult. Most of the time it takes ages and the connection time out.
    What is your take on this? Is it coming from the USB device? Shouldi buy a better wireless bridge? Should I use my old netgear ADSL/hub/wireless router and set up a wireless connection?

Cheers

satchm00
    Free Member

Not sure what you have done but ask yourself these questions and see what you can do to solve it.

Checked to make sure your drivers and PC/graphics card is up to date?

Got access to a wired connection? Test this to narrow down its a wireless issue and not hardware then troubleshoot from there.

Also what are you streaming? If its something big like HD it might just not like it (too much bandwidth) so try different sources if you haven’t already.

It’s a tricky one to solve over a forum but I hope that points you in the direct direction.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what is the spec of the USB Stick (Ie which letter, also what spped connection are you getting – I normally call 2 bars poor)

juan
    Free Member

cheers guys. I’ll go towards the few pointers (driver of the USB stick going first).
    Video drivers are ok as when I download the stuff on a storage media I have no problem to read it. Even music is slow. Basically looks like it keeps on timing out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Wireless question, one for the network experts.’ is closed to new replies.