Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wireless Payments (Android, Apple, Samsung)
  • Travis

Are they popular in the UK?
    Do you use them? If so, which one?

Moving back to the UK next month, and I am quite used to not carrying money with me, and scanning my phone for payment.

So I’m wondering, what I will be using for paying stuff next month.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I use android pay but still get a fair few double takes at using my phone so don’t think it’s all that common yet.

Drac

Very popular except in independent shops and Sainsbury’s

Use it more than any other payment. I use apple have done for about a year no one notices anymore as it’s a common method.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Becoming more popular/common, I have no doubt that in a few years time it’ll be everywhere. I’m starting to use it more often, handy to not have to take my wallet out with me. Works well on the iPhone – I used it in the underground a few months ago and worked a treat.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got the IOS app, but never used it. Freaks me out a bit, need to try it I think. Mate of mine uses it a lot.

aracer
    Free Member

I use Android Pay all the time – seems fairly normal and widely accepted. Though as mentioned not necessarily in big supermarkets (I’m fairly sure it’s not just Sainsburys, though admittedly that’s the place where I’ve noticed it). I like it a lot as I always have my phone with me, but rarely carry money.

DezB
    Free Member

Does Apple Pay still have a £30 limit?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

apple pay for me occasionally but some places haven’t got contactless payment never mind phone pay enabled so usually carry cards as well as phone. look forward to day everybody has it enabled.

allthegear
    Free Member

I use Apple Pay quite a lot and even had the contactless feature removed from my actual card so contactless only works via my phone or my watch now. Means there is at least *some* security behind the payments.

Contactless limit in UK is currently £30 unless the store has specifically implemented Apple Pay on top of contactless. So, for example, I paid for my new Apple Watch using my iPhone last week.

Rachel

maccruiskeen

I paid for my new Apple Watch using my iPhone last week.

They saw you coming – at the current rate of exchange an iPhone is worth at least 1.5 apple watches.

aracer
    Free Member

Did you get any change?

edit: gah, beaten to it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wireless Payments (Android, Apple, Samsung)’ is closed to new replies.