Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Wireless network
  • toppers3933
    Free Member

Can anyone please help me out. I have a computer (mac) that I am running my shop epos system on and want to wirelessly attach our receipt printer and external hard drive so that I can use it wirelessly. Ideally i’d also like to be able to stream music back to the amplifier in the shop too. We are using a bluetooth barcode scanner and will also attach a label printer to the mac to print out stock labels etc.
    If someone could just explain to me in simple terms what I need please that would be ace.

Cheers
    Nick

pingu66
    Free Member

If all of the devices are wireless capable you should be able to do it with a wireless router depending on the size of the shop.

Some routers have a USB port for attaching hard drives.

Minimum security should be WAP2.

The bluetooth scanner ptrobably interfaces with something else, your MAC etc as its a different wireless technology than what everything else will use.

I would invest in a high end wireless router to get better functionality.

I can recomend Cisco 800 series as you get enhanced security features etc such as firewall capabilities.

You might want to engage a local professional to sort it all out for you but they aren’t cheap.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Brilliant thanks for the help. I think that makes sense. I’m not exactly Bill Gates!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Wireless network’ is closed to new replies.