Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wireless Headphones
  • butcher

I know nothing about them. But I’m thinking they would be good for watching the TV and stuff, and my current wired headphones have certain logistical problems, limiting a number of comfortable seating positions….especially with dogs running about.

Are cheap ones any good? How cheap is cheap? Do they have any issues (batteries running flat after an hour, etc)? And I expect there’ll be a trade-off in sound quality with wireless (in the sense that an equivalent wired pair will be cheaper), but how much?

It’s just for occasional use really. The odd episode of Top Gear….that type of thing 🙂 So I’d rather not spend a lot. But at the same time, my current ones are a cheap £15, 10 year old, Sony Cinema style full ear things. I do wonder what a better pair would sound like…

DickBarton

These seem to be ok. I bought them for my old man and he uses them daily. They need a positive push into the charging unit but otherwise they seem very good for the price.

alansd1980

Got a pair of Phillips in the pre Christmas sales reduced from 100 to 30. Phillips shb3165

Sounds quality is pretty good and the battery lasts about 12 hours. I am a convert.

I commute (on the train) and for the last 10 minute walk to work just stick my iPad in my backpack and you can skip tracks with the controls on the headphones. Can also pause with a button on the headphones themselves.

Have 2 young kids and so once they are in bed I stick them on wandering round the house doing bits and pieces

timbur
    Free Member

Bluedio do affordable Bluetooth ones if that’s an option?
    I’ve got a pair of the £20 one to save me going mad listening to the lawnmower all day and I’m impressed with them.
    Super long battery life as well.

benji
    Free Member

Got some skull candy uproars, very comfortable, good time between charges, sound quality is good, and noise spill is excellent so much so, no one knows if I’ve got music on or not. Bought to warm up on my turbo trainer at races and so far have been excellent, volume control and basic skip features on one can, in easy to find and use buttons. Thirty quid from Tesco.

butcher

Hmm, there does seem to be a good few bluetooth ones about, but I’d need some kind of bluetooth adapter for the TV and PC, where they’d mostly be used. Though I guess it would make them more versatile overall.

Any experience of using buetooth adapters with them?

DickBarton

The ones I linked to aren’t Bluetooth…they plug into some sockets on the TV and a power socket for charging.

kilo

I use Bluetooth Philips ones shb4000 been very impressed with them the FiL uses wireless senheisser ones, cost about £50 or so from Amazon but he’s been very pleased with them and now has three sets scattered around

butcher

The ones I linked to aren’t Bluetooth…they plug into some sockets on the TV and a power socket for charging.

Yeah, I know. They’re probably the sensible choice for what I’d use them for.

Just thinking bluetooth would be very useful, even though I rarely use them anywhere outside of the house… 😕

squin
    Free Member

Bluetooth Headphones

I recently bought some of these as a temporary set. Really good for less than £11. Not Bose sound quality but decent enough for £11

DezB
    Free Member

I’d definitely go for “old skool” wireless over Bluetooth. Bluetooth headphones are such a hassle to switch on and connect, I end up using them wired every time. (so does my son)

prawny

I love my Bluetooth earphones, I really can’t be done with wires anymore.

timbur
    Free Member

Bluetooth ones auto connect with my iPhone. I even have a sexy French voice (female) telling me so.
    So simple!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wireless Headphones’ is closed to new replies.