Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • Wireless festival idiots v a brave Bobby!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/Nlal10EEjj8[/video]
    Saw a video earlier with hundreds trying to charge the barriers. It could have got very messy had they got through.
    Fair play to that fella!

ton

arming the uk police would be a good thing…..in my eyes.

MrNice
    Free Member

cos that’s so successful in the US, isn’t it 🙄

they do have guns, for use when they think they need them

wwaswas

Lone Bobby and 8 security blokes…

seavers
    Free Member

Based on what?

You think a pistol would have made that situation any better?

somafunk

Yeah!, damn right….I’m pretty sure they’ve never shot the wrong person….ever 🙄 , and i’m sure an armed officer in that situation above is called for.

ton

i find that people act a bit nicer in general when armed police officers are around. and like i said in my eyes…..or some people like bum sex, others dont. 😀

seavers
    Free Member

i find that people act a bit nicer in general when armed police officers are around

You find? I am interested to learn more about your findings. Did you use science?

Edit. I’m sorry for being flippant but really! You find?!

deluded
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/zEu_wGa_unY[/video]

See 3:08 onwards. The cop goes in on his OWN with no sign of 8 security blokes. Brave lad.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Grown men with little satchels?

Dealers.

ton

seavers, yes i find. i have been very drunk and very boisterous on a number of occassions in my life.
    2 spring to mind. amsterdam in 1989 with a large group of leeds united fans. a bar was wrecked and it looked like it was gonna get worse.
    the police arrived….all armed like they are in holland.
    the tempers soon cooled.
    1992 in a bar in benalmadina, a bloke i was with touched a womans arse, another woman pulled a knife out on him, the police arrived, with guns on their hip….guess what happened?

MSP

Grown men with little satchels?

Dealers.

More likely to be just metrosexuals and hipsters.

alpin
    Free Member

if that is the sort of people that such festivals attract then…… screw it…. not worth the back lash.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The security look to me as tho they are shitting it big time. They were looking out for each other not the copper. However you look at it, bigger balls than most.

hatter

All that to see Drake and that Nicki Minaj…

Classy people, real classy.

El-bent
    Free Member

i find that people act a bit nicer in general when armed police officers are around.

Ah yes, the peace of the gun.

Northwind

wrightyson – Member

The security look to me as tho they are shitting it big time. They were looking out for each other not the copper

Aye. TBH there’s a few flavours of security at festivals… if this had been at Reading there’d have been one absolute zoomer in a hiviz fighting the entire lot of them and winning. And as soon as he was finished, another 30 would have turned up and beaten up all the bystanders. And then the copper would arrive.

firestarter
    Free Member

Strangely seavers i find that too. i used to live in germany and belgium both of whom have armed coppers and generally it seems to calm down clowns due the sight of a gun. I also found that when i was in the army when i had my own gun it had a similar result

Ironically i also find someone as big as ton also calms clowns down. Cos hes massive 🙂

Peace through superior firepower

seosamh77
    Free Member

ton – Member
    seavers, yes i find. i have been very drunk and very boisterous on a number of occassions in my life.
    2 spring to mind. amsterdam in 1989 with a large group of leeds united fans. a bar was wrecked and it looked like it was gonna get worse.
    the police arrived….all armed like they are in holland.
    the tempers soon cooled.
    1992 in a bar in benalmadina, a bloke i was with touched a womans arse, another woman pulled a knife out on him, the police arrived, with guns on their hip….guess what happened?

So polis should be armed because you and your mates are bawbags?

If we are only allowed to use dimwitted logic, that is the only conclusion I can come to.

grum
    Free Member

That looks like such a shit festival anyway. It’s called the ‘New Look (as in the crappy clothing chain) Wireless Festival’ and has a ‘Pepsi Max Arena’.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RYYmLgT5Xc[/video]

Messy

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They shot him? The cops let the woman with the knife cut your mates balls off? Go on there must be a good end to the story.

In other news a bloke in Melbourne obviously didn’t feel the same as you when he decided to shoot a policeman in the back of the head last night.

More guns more problems.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I grew up South Africa, where all the police are armed. It really doesn’t help.

ton

They shot him? The cops let the woman with the knife cut your mates balls off? Go on there must be a good end to the story.

no, it all ended nice a quietly. again tempers were cooled by armed police turning up.

the sooner we arm the police and bring capital punishment back, the sooner we will live in a nicer country. imho that is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no, it all ended nice a quietly. again tempers were cooled by armed police turning up.the sooner we arm the police and bring capital punishment back, the sooner we will live in a nicer country. imho that is.

So your mate would have carried on if unarmed cops had turned up?

Don’t think I’ve seen a nice well adjusted place with capital punishment, if you need the police armed then the people are the problem.

wwaswas

ton – I’m struggling to think of a country where the presence of armed police, the death penalty or a large prison population makes any difference to the overall crime rate?

And are we really saying that’s it’s ok to shoot people trying to get into what’s basically a private party in a public park?

If the organisers can’t guarantee the security of their own event then they shouldn’t get a licence, not be relying on blokes with guns to turn up and save the day.

ton

I think the woman would have stabbed him if the police had not arrived.

Britain is a shit hole, it is becoming a chav infested pit, with the majority having no respect for anyone nevermind the police.
    if you follow the law you have nothing to worry about….if you don’t, you should face the consequences.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

so the police turning up not their guns was the calming influence.
    The consequence of breaking the law is the punishment of the law not getting shot in the street. Look how it works in the states it’s not all sunshine and lollipops.

wwaswas

if you follow the law you have nothing to worry about.

It’s not really for a police officer with a gun to decide whether you’re breaking the law and that the appropriate punishment is death though is it?

ton

give them the power of Dredd. 8)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Taxi for Ton!

wwaswas

give them the power of Dredd.

If we want to live in a society like the one he inhabited that’s exactly what we should do.

ton

can I just ask, if the bobby in the video had struck one of the people trying to get in, what do you think would have happened?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no idea, left my psychic balls at home this morning. Though in general escalating things with violence doesn’t normally end well. He could of shot them, well as many as he had bullets for.

Anyway if it was Glastonbury it would all have been about cute hippies trying to jump the fence cause thats what we do.

ton

do you think maybe that the lot of them would have jumped on him?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

as I said

no idea, left my psychic balls at home this morning.

What do you think?

ton

come on, you know. if he had struck one of them with his baton, what would have happened?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if you want speculation it could have gone many ways.

What you getting at ton? Want to give them all guns and beat up the guys trying to get in? Shoot a couple so they get the message?

GrahamS

Britain is a shit hole, it is becoming a chav infested pit, with the majority having no respect for anyone nevermind the police.

Much as I agree with some of that sentiment, there are plenty of countries with armed police with similar or much worse social problems.

In the situation above I think mace/pepper spray might have been effective. But IANAP.

can I just ask, if the bobby in the video had struck one of the people trying to get in, what do you think would have happened?

Looks like he swings at a couple of them.

Conversely if the lone copper had drawn a gun whilst swarmed with people, how long before someone makes a grab for it resulting in either an accidental discharge or a zooming chav with a gun?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Wireless festival idiots v a brave Bobby!’ is closed to new replies.