Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Wireless Audio Senders
  • mikey74
    Free Member

anyone ever used one to run sound from a tv through a stereo?

Any good? Recommendations?

john_drummer
    Free Member

we tried one to send the TV signal (i.e. satellite) to a TV in the conservatory. Never really worked that well, but it all became academic when the telly in the conservatory first died & then got burgled

how close together are the TV & stereo? If your TV has phono outputs & the stereo has spare phono inputs, provided they’re not too far apart, you could cobble up some long phono leads. Might look a bit messy though

But if you have a fairly modern TV with Optical audio out & a surround sound home cinema system with Optical audio in, that might be a better bet

mikey74
    Free Member

The trouble is that my tv is on the opposite side of the room to my stereo and any cables would have to be taken over a doorway, otherwise I would connect it with a standard cable.

Same with surround sound: to get the full effect I’d have to have cables all over the room.

I was just after some simple stereo speakers that are better than the on-board ones (Panasonic LCD, less than a year old), that I can plug straight into the tv and put on the stand either side of the tv, but I then saw a wireless sender unit and wondered whether that would work.

john_drummer
    Free Member

if it’s in the same room it should be ok, but don’t take my word for it.

If the room is carpeted, if you had a surround sound system, you could run the speaker cables under the underlay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Wireless Audio Senders’ is closed to new replies.