Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • wire across a bridleway in west yorks – should i report it?
  • Gooner
    Free Member

out tonight and got thrown from my bike when i ran into a thin wire at neck height
    luckily we went out an hour earlier (6:30pm) than usual otherwise i would nit have seen it
    i managed to put my arm up and it snapped but the surprise threw me from my bike but otherwise i am ok

should i report it and if so who to?

for anyone who bikes in this area itwas in Tong – i can give the exact loctaion to anyone who is interested

ffs who would do this and why?

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Certainly report it to the police & the landowners.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I would report it, Ring the rights of way officer at your local County council in the morning, I would also report it to the local police

Glad you are okay and hope no one else gets hurt

nbt

yep, report it to the police

retro83
    Free Member

ffs who would do this and why?

some real nobheads about.

racefaceec90

glad your ok.man i have heard a lot of stories about f***wits who purposefully string wire across trails.they could kill someone with their stupidity.i'd contact the local police and let them know.

mybike
    Free Member

luckily we went out an hour earlier (6:30pm) than usual

Report it & follow it up

Rich_s

Report it! Whereabouts was it exactly?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Someone did that over in Coxley Woods near Huddersfield a few years ago and it killer a rider… Report it.

Gooner
    Free Member

i think it is called springfield Lane
    turn right out of The Greyhound pub car park, down the main road for a couple of hundred yards thro the trafficcalming and then turn right down a bridle path

i could probably findthe exact grid ref from my gps

petrieboy

a few people on dirt bikes killed by this in recent years. definitely report it

Rich_s

The one over to Cockersdale? Odd as I thought lots of horses used that?

Gooner
    Free Member

thats the one
    i have bikes hundreds of times
    its used by bikers, runners, horses and walkers

philjunior
    Free Member

I know the bit you mean. Def. report it to the police, and if you can find the local rights of way officer then him or her too. Don't be afraid to be pushy, after all a very sympathetic cop could view it as attempted murder. Will keep my eyes peeled next time I'm visiting my parents!

CurlyGurl
    Free Member

Now that is scary. Evil b@stards 👿

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘wire across a bridleway in west yorks – should i report it?’ is closed to new replies.