Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Winter wear for the more rotund gentleman
  • qtip

I’m looking for a new jacket for winter riding. At the moment I’m using a merino base-layer with a non-bike-specific waterproof. I run rather hot and this combo is a bit of a sweat fest.

I’d originally been thinking of getting a bike-specific waterproof, but after reading other threads on here, I was thinking that a windproof/softshell would be the way to go. So, off I went to the bike shop to try some stuff on, specifically some Endura kit in XXL. The waterproofs are a perfect fit, but all of the windproofs/softshells seem to be of a more roadie-style cut (i.e. fine around the chest but skin-tight around the belly. So my question is, are there any decent softshells out there that are a more forgiving cut?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

RustySpanner

I’m basically spherical these days and mostly use the Aldi winter jackets over a cheap base later.

They’re pretty waterproof and warm enough for almost anything.
    Sizing is fine, I use an XL and can easily get a base later and fleece top under it if required.

Standard, non bike specific windproof fleeces a softshells are usually fine for me too – they generally have a more pastry friendly fit and still work ok.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

came across this just this morning 😀

http://www.fatladattheback.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Winter wear for the more rotund gentleman’ is closed to new replies.