Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Winter tyres for BMW 1-Series?
  • alanf
    Free Member

They have got Bridgestone Blizzack (I think that’s what they’re called) but I was going to swap them onto some other rims leaving the rims spare. You could then fit your own choice of tyres. The Bridgestones have been fine though.

Defender
    Free Member

I live in the south, just outside the M25, but on the edge of the Chilterns and have to drive up and down some fairly serious hills on my daily commute and at the colder times of day/night due to working shifts.
    I’ve been a cold weather (not winter or snow) tyre user for past 8 winters, and I wouldn’t be without them, being able to stop and restart on slopes is invaluable.
    Had them on four different cars, all 3 FWD and the other RWD and work well in cold and wet conditions as well as snow etc.

Just got back from down south, so a crap dark pic – my off road/AT/winter tyres on 17″ steels to be fitted tomorrow to replace the Conti’s on 18″ alloys

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BicqCq]2015-11-20_09-27-43[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

br
    Free Member

I’ve had winter tyres on a 325i for the past two winters and personally I found them treacherous above about 5 degrees especially in the wet.. Tyres in question were hankook something or other with decent reviews fitted to the original 17″ alloys. When I drove it in the snow they were fantastic mind but just too much of a compromise otherwise. My brother had very similar experiences in a C350 diesel on some michelins.

Must’ve been shit tyres, as I put all-weather tyres on last year and they were fine – at all speeds. I put them on a couple of weeks ago after the first frosts. Glad I’ve them on as I need to travel south tomorrow and snow is forecast overnight and for early morning.

Sui
    Free Member

Some interesting anecdotes. I’ve had an E60 5 series which I had some Nokia Wrong A3 s and they were absolutely brilliant. Used them in the snowy alps and coped impeccably. Likewise my commute is always early morning and late night so Tempsford are lower. I’ve now got

Sui
    Free Member

Some interesting anecdotes. I’ve had an E60 5 series which I had some Nokia WR A3 s and they were absolutely brilliant. Used them in the snowy alps and coped impeccably. Likewise my commute is always early morning and late night so Tempsford are lower. They were also very good on mild conditions (still got them if anyone wants to Offer). I’ve now got an F11 which I’ve changed over to Sotto zeros and in mild conditions they are sh I t, very sloppy, but today with it cold they were brilliant. Some winters are great all year, some like the Pirellis ( came with car) are poor when not in conditions they are designed for. Winter tyres really do make a he’ll of a difference during the right months.

Also I bought mine from oponeo online, fantastic place to get reviews and cheap tyres. My money is on Nokians, expensive in the case of car tyres does not mean best.

Oh also my summers on the F11 were the Sport Contact 3, sh I t as well, mpg figures atrocious and not particularly great grip. Get rid of runflats too.

igm

We found winter tyres wear less in cold temperatures and I reckon overall (certainly excluding the rims , and probably including them) they work out cheaper.

hammyuk
    Free Member

What size are they Sui?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Winter tyres for BMW 1-Series?’ is closed to new replies.