• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by OTB.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Winter Tyre for the Peak
  • OTB
    Free Member

Suggestions on choice of tyre for the Peak this winter please. Currently have the standard Bontragers that came fitted to my 09 Trek EX8. Did have some fire XC Pro's on the cinder cone I used to have that were good but thought sidewalls a bit flimsy as I ragged a hole in them within a couple of months. So something a little tougher but nothing too chunky as do like to go up as well as down.

Popocatapetl

I've been using Mud Xs on my 09 Fuel Ex8 in the dark peak for the last two winters and they are run tubeless on Mavic Cross trails. They have been excellent and good to shed the filthy stuff.

OTB
    Free Member

I saw those and read some generally good reviews. James' has a bit of a deal on them at the mo as well. Was just wandering what else was on the market that is worth a spin/ the extra moolah

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I use the same in winter as I do in the summer. Nevergrip on the front,Advantage on the back.

spw3

Been using a pair of 60a Swampthings for since November – they are a revelation after the Conti Verts I used year round prior to then. Very good in mud and to my surprise also very good on rocks & roots.

S.

sc-xc

Which peak?

Or do you mean the Peaks?

😀 🙂 🙁 😮 😯 😕 8) 😆 😡 😛 😳 😥 👿 😈 🙄 😉 😐 etc

OTB
    Free Member

:roll:I mean THE Peak, as in THE Peak District.

carlos
    Free Member

Nevegal 2.35's all year, all trails, not everybodys choice I know but I like em and never had a split wall in all the time I've been using them in The Peak, or anywhere else for that matter

alexpalacefan

2nd vote for Nevs, although using the 2.1s. I ride mostly Dark Peak, with some more 'local' trails in Sheffield. Great tyres, as close to an all-rounder as I've found.

A

OTB
    Free Member

I also noticed James' had a veritable pile of Maxxis tyres minions and high rollers mainly. Is that because they sell loads or because they don't sell loads?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Winter Tyre for the Peak’ is closed to new replies.