• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Winter trail bike? fuse or stache
  • LMT
    Free Member

Last few years my winter biking has escaped me, this year I’m determined to keep biking through the winter, be it tow paths or Cannock chase.

2 bikes on my radar, both midi fatties, the Trek Stache 5, looking for a model in 17.5 is proving tricky but could stretch to the next model up or the Speshi Fuse going on the fact my camber is a small and the small fuse is bigger in size that this would be a good fit.

Any real world experience with these bikes anyone?

Clink

I’d be going for something with standard 29er wheels and mud tyres for a winter trail bike. ‘Plus’ tyres available until recently not so good in the mud. Having said that Surly Dirt Wizard looks good for the Stache.

rone

Just got myself a lovely trek Stache 5 from eBay. Condition exceeded my expectations.

Used to riding a couple of nice carbon rigs so wanted something different for winter commute.

So far, good fun. Rolls nice when you get it going. A bit crashy on the rough stuff, but it’s a fully rigid ally with I presume a cheap carbon fork. But it’s nicely specced for the money.

Too early to call yet.

LMT
    Free Member

Really like the stache 5, can’t figure out if the small is too small, tried to compare measurements against my other bikes but it didn’t work out ethier way!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Winter trail bike? fuse or stache’ is closed to new replies.