Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Winter tights for under baggies
  • craig24
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend some padded winter tights for under baggies? Preferable cheapish around £30? I was going to purchase some of the 500 winter tights from Decathlon but they don’t seem to have any stock whatsoever online.

scotroutes

Have a look at the Polaris website

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

What size on the Decathlon ones? Might be some in one of the stores..

hodgynd
    Free Member

Endura..toasty!
    Grippers both ends+ zip at bottom ..reflective logo , fleece lined , £20ish ..cant fault them .

zippykona

£20. Where?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Ahh..sorry ..thats what I paid in a CRC sale around about October time last year .. 😳

scotroutes

hogynd – are you referring to legwarmers and not tights?

Another option certainly, one I’ve used a few times.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Yeah I probably am ..the pull up ones that you can wear with suspenders ..if you are so inclined 😆

craig24
    Free Member

rockthreegozy – Member
    What size on the Decathlon ones? Might be some in one of the stores..

I checked, non in any local stores 🙁 Also not sure if I need medium or large so could do with having a look at them.

andy4d

I was looking at bib tights recently as I find the plain tights I have now dont cover the base of my back/crack of my arse very well when bent over so tends to get a bit chilly/wet at times. On one had bib tights for £30 when I was looking last week but no clue what they are like, others may.

dirkpitt74

I’ve ordered some Briko 3/4 length bib shorts from Planet-X for £20, will see how they go.

james-rennie

I use some winter DHB ones, they’ve lasted well for a number of years, obviously cant comment on current quality.
    HOWEVER, I’ve always regretted getting 3/4 length. So, when buying for winter warmth duties again, I’ll definitely go the whole hog and get full length bib tights.

crikey… mistyped “definitely”, got corrected to “I’ll effeminately go the whole hog and get full length bib tights” 😳

brakes
    Free Member

I would not recommend the Wiggle own brand ones – they haven’t lasted half a winter of commuting and now have 4 holes where the stitching has gone.

craig24
    Free Member

Ended up ordering some Funkier ones off CRC –

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/funkier-active-winter-thermal-tights/rp-prod136971

Last ones in stock so I decided to go for it, I’ll let you know how they are.

cb200
    Free Member

I bought some Altura “winter cycling tights” and they are annoyingly baggy, especially around the knees (despite being correct waist/length)
    The Aldi ‘Crane’ ones are really good, but I think they only put them out a few times a year.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The ordinary Decathalon bibs for £9.95 are plenty warm enough (for me at least!!)

sirromj

Polaris have thermal knee warmers at £1.99 at the moment.

andyha
    Free Member
    Fat-boy-fat

Lusso max repel tights. I’ve been using them for this very purpose for over 20 years. Fantastic. On the web for £30 in some places.

mahalo

I find the fleece lined or thermal bib tights too warm.
    I got a cheap pair of running tights from decathlon for a tenner! Keeps this shit off and the chill out!

GolfChick
    Free Member

Ive seen those fox liners a few times now, are they alright then? I’ve got some roadie 3/4 shorts but they tend to slide up the leg and they’re a bit more patterned than I want for hiding under mtb shorts

drnosh
    Free Member

I use Aldi leg warmers with baggy shorts.

Last weekend I tried the combination of my summer bib-shorts (Endura Gel Extract – most comfortable) with a pair of running trousers and no baggy shorts.

It worked well. Warm comfortable and dry.

gerti
    Free Member

Well impressed with the dhb stuff. I have a pair of dhb thermal bib tights for under my baggies. Think I paid £40, which wasn’t a huge discount, so you can prob get them cheaper.

mahalo

The ordinary Decathalon bibs for £9.95 are plenty warm enough (for me at least!!)

Plenty warm emough but the pads are like wearing a soggy nappy… non padded running tights over old favourite decent quality bibs ftw

fuzzhead
    Free Member

@GolfChick – the Fox liners are ace; use them 5 days a week for commuting and for when the weather gets moody for offroad use. 1st pair lasted 5 years, now on 2nd pair. bit pricey, but they’re always on sale somewhere (Stif, direct from Fox maybe)

prawny

Planet X roubaix tights are good, wore mine today on the commute and it was freezing. Only £20 at the mo too. Unpadded so you can wear them multiple times over your normal summer shorts (on the road at least)

hardtail5
    Free Member

Nike running leggins from Sports Direct, £30, zippers on bottom. What’s the difference with cycling ones?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Plenty warm emough but the pads are like wearing a soggy nappy… non padded running tights over old favourite decent quality bibs ftw

Conversely I really like their OTT pads (but I do use minimal saddles, it would probably be too much with a bel-air or spoon).

Their cheaper cycling kit has a more old-school foam/synthetic chamois pad without the contours if you prefer that.

Nike running leggins from Sports Direct, £30, zippers on bottom. What’s the difference with cycling ones?

Usually the running ones are cut level around your hips, the cycling ones are cut so they sit level when your on a bike (much higher at the back), keeps your lower back warm and stops them scrunching up on your abs/rolling under your belly. They also might not have a seam in the crotch.

goyawave
    Free Member

I was using Fox Evo 3/4 but now use these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/alpinestars-metis-long-bib-pants-0/rp-prod160090?gs=1&pgrid=39649425034)&ptaid=pla-104569193568&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-TB-SE-Shopping+QLB+Generic+Tablet&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7CsyznFlEma_dt%7Cpcrid%7C161824956629%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C%7Cprd%7C588856UK

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I use some winter DHB ones, they’ve lasted well for a number of years, obviously cant comment on current quality.

I got some DHB ones earlier this year for cycling in Iceland and they’re great. Around the £30 mark I seem to remember, not much more if they were. The lycra is a bit thicker than summer ones and the padding seems fine. No issues on quality. I see no reason they won’t last. I have a pair of DHB 3/4 ones that are a few years old now and apart from a tear I put in them when they caught the saddle nose which my MIL fixed with her sewing skills, they’ve been brilliant.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Iv’e just bought some padded tights from Mountain Warehouse, zippy legs & a windproof front panel. £24.99.
    Haven’t been out in them yet though.

I was wearing some weatherproof non padded ones but then had to wear padded liner underneath & baggies on top. So I hope these are ok.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Winter tights for under baggies’ is closed to new replies.