Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Winter Tights
  • The-Beard

I need some new winter tights, does Endura kit still fall apart easily or has it improved? Any recommendations?

Cheers

TB

RoterStern
    Free Member

For proper cold rides the Pearl Isumi abfib is hard to beat. You’ll boil if it’s double figures, though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got some dhb Vaeon Pro Roubaix ones last year from wiggle. I can be a bit of a brand snob but liked these so much I’ve picked up another pair for this winter (though now called ASV here and with a really good pad). They did do them without the pad too so you can wear them over your usual bib shorts.

Also rate the Sportful NoRain bibs (here). The Fiandre ones have a roubaix like liner, are windproof, and do a half decent job of fending off showers.

Don’t know about Endura these days, they were very hit and miss back in the day so I tend to avoid them now (other than their neoprene overshoes, which are ace.)

lunge

Decathlon membrane tights, really nice but you will boil if it’s too warm.

wilburt
    Free Member

I still wouldn’t touch Endura there universally shit.

DHB are serving me well but I spotted some in the Aldi bins which actually look really good.

The-Beard

How have Endura kept going if their stuff still falls apart? Found some of their windchill tights for a decent price but I’m hesitating to click ‘buy’. I did have some DHB stuff a while back which was ok so might look at that again.

cp

these are excellent, two winters done on them and they’re still in great condition.

http://www.rideworld.co.uk/product/ride-2014-aqua-zero-bibtights/

10% discount if you sign up to newsletter.

The-Beard

Oooh, they do look interesting. Worth a punt I reckon.

MadBillMcMad

what’s all the bad endura vibes.

works for me – great winter tights that have had for years, as well as great gloves, MT500 lycra shorts,
    waterproof shorts & a jacket

mrblobby
    Free Member

How have Endura kept going if their stuff still falls apart?

what’s all the bad endura vibes.

Dunno really, I’ve had a fair bit of their kit over the years. Some of it is great, some of it is rubbish.

leffeboy

Wearing my Pearl Isumi amfib right now. Still going strong after 3 years of being continually worn through winter. Awesome bit of kit. Bought for me by my wife as a gift and I was initially dubious but I’m a convert now

isitafox
    Free Member

I bought a pair of dhb active thermals in October last year and they have served me very well. Were excellent for the 5am -5° commutes in the rain or snow and they’re only £20 at Wiggle.

wilburt
    Free Member

Like all crap brands they spend money on adverts that would overwise be spent on making the product a bit better, in their case by using stitching that doesn’t disintegrate.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Quite like my decathlon bib tights. I’d recommend them. I’m a bit tight with tights as I seem to come off the bike mostly when I’ve got them on (due to the poor weather) so I buy at the cheaper end of the scale. I’ve put holes in the last 3 pair by sliding down the road.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I got some great Gore ones at a discount online. Windproof and water resistant. And warm

SaxonRider

Might I suggest these tights? I bought some because they were cheap, but have found them to be superb both in fit and in construction.

I have never spent a lot on tights and shorts before, but I have bought name brands when I could afford them; at this price, though, I found the padding to be well-placed, and the whole package to generally be up to the task.

snownrock

Planet x 365x bib tights are very good for the money

The-Beard

Thanks all, I have ordered a pair of the aqua zero tights, looked good for the money.

njee20
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi Amfibs are indeed super warm, but I find the fit a bit crap – very baggy on the calf.

DanW
    Free Member

Amfibs look to be discontinued.

Sportful Fiandre NoRain for me now- much better in almost all ways which is quite a task 😀

onehundredthidiot

I’m considering rapha ones as they’re good and the replace/repair offer is great. Expensive outlay but benefits are great. Not a label thing as most winter tides are in the dark.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Winter Tights’ is closed to new replies.