Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Winter tights…….
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Any recommendations for bibless tights without a pad? Anybody got the dhb Merstons?

Also, just out of interest, do people wear their padded shorts over or under their unpadded tights?

organic355
    Free Member

I am currently using Under Armour cold gear tights, I wear them over my lycra padded shorts and under my baggies.

in fact I am off to JJB now to get another pair.

ton

endura for me from now on. awesome.

4ags4
    Free Member

dhb's are fine and top value for money.
    surely you should always wear your padded shorts next to your skin!?!?

nick1c
    Free Member

Gore with windstopper fronts. Shorts underneath – toasty.

verses

I bought some bib-less pad-less DHB Merston's before xmas. They're my first set of tights, so I've nothing to compare them against, but I'm pleased with them.

Seem well sewn together. Rubber grippers at the ankles hold them in place well. Reflective details to keep you seen.

I've been wearing them with a pair of pad-less (I don't really get on with pads) Endura Singletrack Shorts over them and have been cosy all winter.

topangarider
    Free Member

Shorts underneath is what I would have thought – just reading reviews on Wiggle and some folk saying shorts on top. Does seem odd.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Padded shorts under tights here but I know a fella who swears you should put shorts over tights.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

lusso max repel. cheap, toasty, water repellent and a good fit.

uplink
    Free Member

I would think it obvious

Baggies – tights go underneath
    Lycra – tights go outside

rockitman

topangarider – I will wear shorts for 9 months of the year so I wanted some cheap ones.Got some of these:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-padded-cycling-pants-mens-636019

Been fine so far. Also solve the problem of where to wear your shorts. Padding seems fine so far…

topangarider
    Free Member

I want unpadded to I can wear them for running too though. Cheers for the tip tho'.

Clink

I'm using Gore ones – got them cheap on ebay, but would pay full price. Comfy and windproof panels work well. Need to size carefully though – quite snug. Also didn't disintergrate when I slid along the road on Friday morning, which is more than can be said for my leg!!

carlos
    Free Member

Endura Stealth Lite with padded Lycra under and baggies over, minus the baggies if on the road bike. Never thought I'd ever get any but WOW there mint.

jonb
    Free Member

Altura kinetic with lycra underneath. I prefer them unpadded as I own many pairs of lycra shorts and not that many bibs so if it's dry and cold I can re wear them without having to wash them.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

dHb Bibs all the way…

Oh, and I've ot the Finchdean ones… awesome bit of kit…

MikeWW
    Free Member

Endura leg warmers-work great and about £20

alanlbikes
    Free Member

Endura Stralth extreme,waterproof,very warm,with a pair of sealskin socks,keep feet dry and warm,sizing can be a bit of a problem.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Winter tights…….’ is closed to new replies.