Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Winter sun in Torridon
  • Huw_IO
    Free Member

Chased the good forecast to Torridon last week. Numb feet and a soggy bum but totally worth it!

http://topofests.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/winter-sun-in-torridon/

boxelder

Oooooh that looked ace.
    Nice opportunism those men.

freeridenick
    Free Member

awesome stuff..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    big_scot_nanny

Spectacular!

househusband
    Free Member

Nice!

Doing a big Torridon (similar to yours by the look of it!) loop a few years ago was the pinnacle of my mountain biking.

stanfree
    Free Member

Brilliant , proper biking . Its on my things to do list.

scuttler

Torridon in Feb – good spot on the weather forecast front! Props as the kids say. Not the most likely of winter sun destinations.

Houns

I was also there last week (Wednesday) no biking for me though. I’m in love with the place, beautiful

matt_outandabout

Despite living up here, guess where I have not yet been? I *so* want to get there this year.

scuttler

I remember sitting on the stone jetty one afternoon at Lower Diabaig lobbing stones into the water and staring at the scenery. I have no idea what day it was, or how long I was there but I don’t honestly think I’ve ever been so chilled out in my life, apart from maybe the night before sat outside the pub in Applecross at 11pm staring across the dead calm, moonlit water across to Raasay and Skye.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Houns

Scuttler, pretty much exactly what I was doing in Torridon and Applecross (really had to think which day I was there) I had the added bonus of seeing the snow capped hills across the water whilst listening to the otters

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Great blog Huw. I love the area around Torridon but never been on the mtb up there.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Winter sun in Torridon’ is closed to new replies.