Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Winter SPD shoes that are easily walked in?
  • IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Had a quick mooch online, and was wondering if the STW had insight…

I could be tempted to dabble in SPDs if there are shoes that are good for crap winter weather, and lend themselves to urban/indoor walking.

I use my bike for commuting, and every weekend for trips into town/shopping etc etc so don’t want to be Bambi on ice – I have unstable knees (dislocated more times than I’d care to remember)

Never used SPDs before (Still on my faithful 15yr old V12s).

Ta!

drovercycles
    Free Member

Shimano XM9s are in our sale at the moment, at a great price. They’re like sturdy boots so easy to walk in in the sense that you won’t be skittering about.
    https://www.drover.cc/winter/footwear/mtb-shoes

XM7s are more trainer-like so a bit lighter and less clumsy but conversely not as warm/weatherproof.

scotroutes

Northwave Gran Canion

bumbly1
    Free Member

XM9’s are very good. I use them all year and in conjunction with bouldering gaiters in winter or wet conditions, I walk quite a lot too 😉

Tom

monkeyboyjc

I have a set of xm9’s which are a great winter boot, though not particularly well insulated or waterproof in comparison to others. I use them with some good waterproof socks in the winter months. The’re also good for the colder autumn / easter rides as can be used with regular socks and won’t over heat like traditional winter bike shoes.
    be careful on Shimano sizes though – I usually have to go a half size bigger.
    I wouldn’t say that they are the most trendy for indoor use though as they do have the looks ofba typical pair of walking boots.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Thanks for the input!

binners

I use XM7’s and a pair of Sealskinz and they keep your feet dry and toasty, and are great for walking in. Just like a pair of walking boots really

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Winter SPD shoes that are easily walked in?’ is closed to new replies.