Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Winter Solstice at Stonehenge….
  • bloodynora
    Free Member

Anyone going or been before/experiences?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

It’s a small event, less than a 1000 so quite intimate, very friendly. Open access this year is dawn of the 22nd.

Not going this year myself but have a lovely time if you do 🙂

bloodynora
    Free Member

Thanks HeathenWoods…. Never been before and looking forward to it 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

Its a pile of rock in a field and all you freaks who visit it at various times of year hinder me whilst I am trying to go to work

bassspine
    Free Member

There’s a total lunar eclipse on the morning of the 21st too. cosmic.

bloodynora
    Free Member

I’m heading down on the evening of the 21st….. Sorry for the inconvenience Edric! Hopefully the skies will be clear and the dawn is a memorable one 🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

the solstice is at 23.38 on the 21st, so the open access is the dawn of the day after solstice.

Edric64
    Free Member

Other memorable skies and dawns are also available!

Andituk
    Free Member

1,000 people standing round some rocks is intimate?

epicyclo

Depends how much they’ve had to drink 🙂

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

1,000 people standing round some rocks is intimate?

I guess it depends how friendly you are.

“Some rocks.” Lol.

yossarian
    Free Member

“Some rocks.” Lol.

+1

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

bloodynora – Open access’ll be from about 7.30am til about 9am

kaesae
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member
    Its a pile of rock in a field and all you freaks who visit it at various times of year hinder me whilst I am trying to go to work

A pile of rocks ❓ it’s build on a ley line and has tremendous power!
    Good on you bloodynora TV sucks, much better to have some depth!

Edric64 I’m sure you shoveling pig shit, can wait a little while!

I went to Stonehenge for the Winter Solstice about 20 years ago.
    There were two other people there, and one of them was security.

yunki
    Free Member

I went to Stonehenge for the Winter Solstice about 20 years ago.
    There were two other people there, and one of them was security.

Are you sure that it wasn’t 25 years ago Graham..?

That would have made it same year as the Battle of the Beanfield.. when police.. using truncheons and sledgehammers.. systematically destroyed between 80 and 120 live-in vehicles that were travelling in the ‘peace convoy’ and beat up and arrested almost all members of the families that lived in them..

This was in an effort to break up the convoy which was heading for the stones for the 11th Stonehenge free festival after the custodians of the site persuaded a high court judge to set up an exclusion zone of four miles around the site..

Most independent eyewitness accounts relate that the police used violent tactics against men.. women and children.. including pregnant women.. and purposefully damaged the vehicles used by the Convoy..

I imagine people that would have usually travelled for the winter solstice had more pressing issues that year..

Now you mention it, yes, it would have been around that time, although before the battle of the bean field.
    I was at Stonehenge for the Summer Solstice in ’81, ’82, ’83 & ’84
    In ’85 I got a free ticket for Glastonbury, back in the days when it was a proper hippy festival, not a pop concert, so I went there instead.

yunki
    Free Member

aaah well..

I was never allowed to go to Glastonbury as teenager/young adult.. my girlfriends parents would have thrown us out of the house for being ‘pawns in the mans game maaaaan’ or somesuch.. (in fact they would have just mocked us and sneered at us and been really condesending from behind their TVP curry for months.. If they were really disappointed they may have even invited us to offer our services in a permaculture or ‘lets’ scheme or help them mend the willow fence around the ‘free space’ in the back yard of their council house.. and then they would have mystically warned us about bad karma and negative energy if we chose to smoke dope with our mates instead)

..they went to every Glasto until the entrance fee was introduced and can be seen ‘tuning in'(?) in that film of the first Pilton Festi..

We rebelled by not rebelling against them.. that really upset them.. so we went to Treworgy and Castle Morton and Smeatharpe etc to cheer them up a bit..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Them there are mystical rocks…

Edric64
    Free Member

Edric64 I’m sure you shoveling pig shit, can wait a little while!

I have never shovelled pig shit ❓

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Winter Solstice at Stonehenge….’ is closed to new replies.