Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Winter shorts, or trousers.
  • stevenc
    Free Member

Looking to some thoughts on winter baggy shorts or trousers. I’m after a pair as its getting colder fast and I want to be prepared. I’m in two minds as to weather or not I should get shorts or trousers so any advice is welcome.

psling
    Free Member

Depends on how much you feel the cold I guess. Me, once the temperature drops below about 12’C I cover my knees.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I’d prob got 3/4 tights under shorts for off road and then when super cold full lengths – unless you dont like the tight look?

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

got some thick baggy shorts that stop below the knees – i don’t feel the cold provided my hands and feet are warm, so that’s perfect for me, but i do find that wearing knee pads helps keep the cold out

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

IMHO, I don’t think the thickness or length of shorts makes anywhere as much difference as keeping dry when it comes to Winter.
    That said, if it’s sub-zero cold, like Wed night just gone (first ride of this year where the mud has frozen like concrete to the frame), then I’ll resort to longs.
    If it’s very wet then I’ll throw some cut-down army goretex shorts on over normal inners or over longs.

chakaping
    Free Member

have you considered waterproof 3/4 shorts over tights?

havign a dry/warm bum makes winter rides so much more enjoyable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Winter shorts, or trousers.’ is closed to new replies.