• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Winter Shoes Road & MTB
  • jacob46
    Free Member

I need both. Road winter shoes for weekend and night rides. MTB winter shoes for my 18 miles a day commute to work. I fed up off buying overshoes. I have a good walk when ive locked my bike up at work and wear through overshoes in no time.

No budget!!

piemonster

Specialized Defrosters have made me very happy.

But that’s down to fit. You’ll really need to try some on.

jacob46
    Free Member

Ive ordered some northwave arctic 2 goretex shoes for road. They should be here tomorrow.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Another vote for Northwave winter boots

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have a good walk when ive locked my bike up at work and wear through overshoes in no time.

Change shoes for the walk ?

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’m also very happy with my Shimano winter shoes. They are more than five seasons old and get used everyday in the cold months and they are still going strong. I put mtb pedals on my winter road bike so only need the one pair of shoes.

therevokid
    Free Member

+1 northwave …. have the yellow commuter ones – Brilliant, but
    road cleats do make walking a bit of a p.i.t.a. !!!
    found defrosters leak – which was odd, but replaced by the shop without
    question 🙂

tempted by the shimano rw5’s …..

rascal
    Free Member

I got some Northwave Celsius Mtb boots in the Xmas sales last year.
    Use them on both Trigger and Cube road bike during winter and just put my Shimano 520 Mtb pedals on the roadie. Half the cost and actually more practical for when you have to walk around – no huge lump of plastic on sole of road shoe – works for me.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I bought lake mxz303 last month, they’re great, warm, comfortable and so far I’ve had dry feet on my commute. Halfords sell them so if you can wait until they do a 10% off flash sale and you get a britsh cycling membership they would cost £162 – need to go up a size.

ransos
    Free Member

I fit SPDs to my road bike for winter and use Northwave Celsius mtb boots.

iainc

+1 Defrosters, and use mtb pedals on winter road/gravel bike, so no need for additional shoes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Winter Shoes Road & MTB’ is closed to new replies.